Why become a member? ×

Theatre gigs/other general reading gigs.

jackotheclown

Hey y'all, I'm really interested in working in the pit as a musician in some theatre productions but I don't really know where to start as I've never done anything like this before. I just need to get out there and put my reading skills to the test, plus the money couldn't hurt right now! I'm trying to get my reading up for a cruise ship gig, so I'm frantically reading everyday to get my chops up. So yeah I'm looking for any gigs that will give my reading some practice, theatre, big band, whatever! Can any body give me any tips on how to start trying to get work in these fields? Any tips would be great!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Jack, Theatres are really great to play, however personally not done a pit job,, I would be tempted to check the Equity website, they list jobs like this, and even if not a member, your local branch will be happy to talk to you about productions coming up, and contacts. best of luck with it.