Why become a member? ×

Mike Dirnt "road worn" P-Bass

dwh87

[quote name='bartelby' timestamp='1378392366' post='2199601']
I've seen them advertised for £1067...

[url="http://www.andertons.co.uk/electric-basses/pid30297/cid682/fender-road-worn-mike-dirnt-p-bass.asp"]http://www.andertons...irnt-p-bass.asp[/url]
[/quote]

Whoa, not what I expected there.

[quote name='joeystrange' timestamp='1377340649' post='2186412']
Dookie is 20 years old next year!
[/quote]

Nah, that can't be right. If that was the case, it'd make me really old, and I'm still only 25 at heart!

I do like the look of the white and maple one...

• 1 month later...

[quote name='Billy Apple' timestamp='1381425723' post='2239024'] I had a feel of one of these at Wunjo. Didn't have time to plug it in tho. Really lovely in the hands. The finish is great, and it doesn't weigh a ton like the Mexican version. I thought it very light weight and totally different to the others [/quote]

That's not what I wanted to read! :unsure:

It`s a bit pricey especially if it`s a MIM like the rest of the roadworns. Or is is a US model?

I like the bit in the video when he says they worked on the design for 2 years.

2 years to design a bass that is almost the same spec as his old one apart from the relicing!!

He`s having a larff!!

[quote name='jezzaboy' timestamp='1381529225' post='2240507']
It`s a bit pricey especially if it`s a MIM like the rest of the roadworns. Or is is a US model?

I like the bit in the video when he says they worked on the design for 2 years.

2 years to design a bass that is almost the same spec as his old one apart from the relicing!!

He`s having a larff!!
[/quote]

I had the MIM MD Fender, and there is no similarity. The neck is very different, slimmer nut slimmer profile. Different contoured body, different wood. I got rid of mine because it was prohibitively heavy to play, but no such issues with this one. The neck reminded me of the Custom Shop La Cab, and over all it had that kind of feel. The one I saw was white and it's stunning in an understated way. I might get back to Wunjo and give it a proper run out.

Put it this way, had I saved my money and bought it I don't think I'd be moving it on. Plus I'd have a CS feel bass for £1k and a bit as opposed to near £3k.

But, you're right, 2 years development? Maybe what he means is two or three visits to the factory over two years of a busy touring schedule.

• 5 months later...

I got to play one a few weeks ago and it was probably the nicest Precision I've played - it certainly beat both of my MIM's for build quality/feel.

The sound was as you might expect - a Precision with a bit more punch in the top end, but rolling back the tone made for some sweet dub-style tones.

[quote name='sPiKi' timestamp='1395413813' post='2402208']
Cheers theyellowcar for the response. Any chance you could tell me something about the weight in comparison to other P basses you've played? Can't seem to find a guide weight on the RW anywhere. Thanks.
[/quote]

It was light compared to the Maple bodied Squier that was my main bass at the time, probably about the same as my Alder Precision

[quote name='theyellowcar' timestamp='1395423374' post='2402372']
It was light compared to the Maple bodied Squier that was my main bass at the time, probably about the same as my Alder Precision
[/quote]

The MD body is ash, which I think is lighter than Alder. Any-hoo, I thought it a very light bass

Anyone ever played one of these? [url="http://www.nevadamusic.co.uk/p/SCH1858/bass-guitars/schecter/schecter-model-t-bass-butterscotch"]http://www.nevadamus...ss-butterscotch[/url]
Seem like a great bass too & great value for money.

Edited by sPiKi

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...