Why become a member? ×

New Light weight Vs Heavy Cabs

PauBass

[quote name='geoff90guitar' timestamp='1489330576' post='3256066']However I did try my Trace SMX250 in a BF Gen 3 cab and was knocked out, but, it was indoors and not at a gig.
I'd love to purchase a pair of these, but again if Im disappointed I'd be losing a lot so it would be risky.[/quote]

One month trial period! :)

[quote name='geoff90guitar' timestamp='1489330576' post='3256066']
However I did try my Trace SMX250 in a BF Gen 3 cab and was knocked out, but, it was indoors and not at a gig. I'd love to purchase a pair of these, but again if Im disappointed I'd be losing a lot so it would be risky.
[/quote]

If you are always disappointed then you've been going at this with the wrong frame of mind. Nothing will sound like TE so stop looking and keep using your TE.

What ever reason you've got for changing from TE accept you're going to sound different and get the best sounding different cab you can find. . . . then learn to love it. You [i]will[/i] be sounding good to the rest of the world because the cabs you've mentioned are the best starting point to a great sound, IMO especially the BF cabs.

[quote name='Chienmortbb' timestamp='1489430824' post='3256870']
Neos v Ceramic is a bit like Valves V Solid State. [/quote]Not really, as valves and SS are totally different technology. Neo and ceramic are not.
[quote]Sweeping generalisations are rarely accurate.[/quote]That particular generalization is accurate. ;)