Why become a member? ×

What Do YOU Play?

acidbass

At the moment I mainly play a Warwick Fna Jazzman 5 string - which I think looks ugly - but its great to play. Otherwise a Lakland JO5 which looks luvly... but doesnt sound as good given the sort of stuff I usualy play.

I've played a Stingray for years. I spent my last installment of student loan on it just before I graduated uni in 1999 :) It's been my main bass for ages but I found an awesome looking G&L L2000 on ebay last year and that's been my weapon of choice ever since. I would like an ASAT too but I've promised myself a Jazz bass before I get anything else.

• 2 weeks later...

I voted for "Other". Does anybody Know the Basses from Adrian Maruszczyk?

[b]1. Maruszczyk "Elwood" 4p [/b]

[b]2. Maruszczyk "Elwood" 5p[/b]

[b]3. Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass[/b]

[quote name='AREA' post='214185' date='Jun 7 2008, 03:43 AM'][b]3. Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass[/b]

[/quote]

wow, you lucked in with the body on that Squier VMJ... and the tort pickgaurd looks good as well...

mine has no discernable grain at all...

I play an Epiphone Thunderbird IV, an Ibanez AGB 200 (Semi-Accoustic) and a Very old Bass Collection which i bought for £180 with upgraded EMG Pups (Bargain!) but the pots were totaly battered up! and im only 13

Other - Westone Thunder 1A natural wood finish.
But now pickups / electronics replaced with EMG P pickup + electronics.
Wearing Warwick Reds 45-105 atm. Okay for plectrum stuff but not so good for fingerstyle.

I play a fender american jazz. Its a great bass, alot of power behind it compared to my yamaha. :)

my first bass is a yamaha rbx270. its a great bass for the price, and ideal for a beginner. But somethings gone wrong with the electronics in mine, so its just gathering dust. I'l always keep it though since its my first bass! sentamental value lol.

Here are my three.

[b]Ken Smith BMT from 1994[/b]
My main bass and a total tone machine. This bass and an Epifani rig (although not this one any more, which way WAY more than I need now!) is just sonic nirvana for me.

[b]Wal Mk III from 2006[/b]
The only one with spalted maple facings ever made and one of the last two Pete built. Currently wearing the fretless neck (I had fretted and fretless made)

[b]Brook Otter Acoustic Bass[/b]
The first 5 string they've made. Due to be finished middle of July...

Edited by walbassist

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='spiritchaser' post='230347' date='Jul 1 2008, 10:27 AM']WAL basses - either my MK I 1985, my MK II fiver 1987, or my customized fretless hybrid-WAL with the 1979 neck. Sometimes, for some rough tunes, I use my customized 1997 Stingray.
Incredible tonal spectrum. :)[/quote]

Any pictures of the Stingray?

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='jwbassman' post='1508' date='May 18 2007, 03:55 PM']Other - Overwater Progress III Fretless 5 - guess this could also be considered custom as I selected the woods and hardware etc, with a bit of guidance :)

Have any you guys heard of Overwater?[/quote]

I've heard of Overwater - beautiful looking instruments, and I would LOVE to be able to justify the expense of getting one! The Progress III 5 String, but Fretted would be ideal for me :-)

BTW - I answered other - my weapon of choice is currently a Dean Edge Pro 5 String in Tiger Eye finish.

John

Edited by jmccabe

• 2 weeks later...