Why become a member? ×

Classic party tracks from the last 10 years?!

tedmanzie

I've been asked to DJ at a friend's 40th in a couple of weeks, i've got the 'keen when drunk' slot (11pm to 1am).
I'm going for the very well trodden angle of 'brilliant records that most people know', eg:

[i]Kiss (Prince), Fools Gold (stone roses), Can't you out of my head (kylie), Thinking of you (sister sledge), Tainted Love (soft cell), Once in a lifetime (talking heads), Don't FIght It Feel It (Primal scream), Can U feel it (mr fingers), Losing my edge (lcd soundsystem), Superstition (Stevie W), [/i]

you get the idea...

Trouble is I don't have anything from the past 10 years! :(
(jazz and old soul has taken over my interests!)

What are the 'big dancefloor hitters'? ! I can pick them up from iTunes and pretend I know what I'm doing. :)

Suggestions appreciated
Ted

Edited by tedmanzie

I've sang at plenty of 40th Birthday parties in the last few years and always do a disco at the end. For that age group you cant go wrong with some Ibiza anthems. Born Slippy, Sandstorm, Insomnia etc. There are millions of ibiza comlialtions out there and another good compilation CD or Mp3 is 'Old school disco'. I have sometime just played that start to finish and it works a treat.
Also anything by the black eyed peas, with 'Time of my life (dirty Bit) being a particular floor filler

Mustang Sally :ph34r:

In all seriousness ive never seen an empty dance floor when this is played (CD or band).

We have a load (20+) of those master mix DJ albums on our iPod, and these cover almost any occasion. They aren't the ones where tracks lead in to each other, just compilations of different genres, like Party, 70's, 80's party, one hit wonders, Irish, pub, football, indie, Northern soul etc. Well worth having a look at, even if you dont buy them.