Why become a member? ×

SOLD - Sterling By Musicman SB-14, black, £380 - few pics added
£380

Paul S

For sale. Sterling By Musicman SB-14, glossy black finish with black scratchplate and rosewood fretboard. This is an absolutely cracking bass. Here is all you need to know about the spec. plus demo video and review by the Bass Whisperer. [url="http://www.sterlingbymusicman.com/sb14"]http://www.sterlingbymusicman.com/sb14[/url] but, in a nutshell, single pickup with 3 switchable coil combinations, 3 band eq.

Weighs a shade over 9lbs, hangs beautifully on the strap. Neck is 38mm wide at the nut, a little deeper than a Jazz bass and very comfy. Absolutely no issues. Scratchplate has some scratches on it from my enthusiastic pick playing, there is a small dink near the jack socket. Weeny bit of buckle rash at the back but otherwise nice and shiny. Comes with a padded wrap-around gig bag with Sterling by Music Man written on the front pocket. I can take some pictures but, really, it looks just exactly like the ones on the SBMM webpage!

Firm price of £380 collected from Benfleet in Essex or meet to hand over. Currently fitted with the correct Hipshot de-tuner (BT7) that I got new - if you want that on it price is £420 and I'll stick the original tuner in the bag. Fully insured next day courier would be £25. These usually change hands for over £400 and I have dropped slightly on this so it doesn't hang around for months.

This was my main gigging bass for the heavy rock covers band I was in - really cut through in that situation - but the band have split and I don't see a use for it in the near future.

But the main thing is, nice as it is, I simply prefer Fenders.

Might consider a trade for a TC Electronic RH450 head. Edit now with a few pictures after all. Two dinks at the rear end, not one. And the buckle rash is a little worse than I remembered although the pic came out blurry.

[attachment=141607:SB14a.jpg][attachment=141608:SB14b.jpg][attachment=141609:SB14c.jpg][attachment=141610:SB14d.jpg][attachment=141611:SB14e.jpg][attachment=141612:SB14f.jpg][attachment=141613:SB14g.jpg]

Edited by Paul S