Why become a member? ×

The El Whappo jr

jonnpip

Going to look at a cab ive never heard of this week as im getting smaller gear, i beleive it has 2x12"s with a 6" speakers all in seperate units inside one cab, just wondered if anyone has much to say about these cab, ive heard when new they were over a £1000 and just like any readers information or reviews on this particular cab..

[quote name='jonnpip' timestamp='1376343298' post='2172648']
so one for and one against,...review looked pretty good you sent matski,think the junior has 2x12"s instead of the 15 thats in the review you sent. but thanks all same sir.
[/quote]

TBH, I've never actually played through one myself, but there used to be shop across the street from me that stocked them. The guys in the shop typically demo'ed Lakland basses through a Thunderfunk amp into the Accugrooves - which sounded pretty good to me.

I have one of the later models without the silly 8/4 ohm switch, and I have to say I think its really the bee's knee's. With the additional subwoofer which pairs the 12" woofer it goes really low, and the mids are highs are as sweet as sweet can be. The cab itself is very light and well made,and I cant find anything to fault. I also have a Barefaced S12, and the Accugroove is every bit as good (to my ears of course).