Why become a member? ×

Pino Palladino Transcriptions

davebass66

Hey guys, not sure if this is strictly the place to put it but just wanted to give you a heads up as I know people are often after new transcriptions on here, I had a quiet night last night and transcribed 'Good Love is on the Way' from the John Mayer Trio live album - the outstanding Pino on bass....

And now I have just finished doing 'Who Did You Think I Was' from the same record....I learn so much from transcribing this guy...He is like a gold mine of useful and tasteful ideas!

Check them out, feel free to use them!

https://www.daveevansbass.com/transcriptions 

Dave

Edited by davebass66
  • Like 5

Cool, I want the band to have a go at 'Who Did You Think I Was' and was dreading working out the bass part. On holiday at the moment, so no bass available, but will be having a go at this as soon as I get home. Thanks.

• 5 years later...

Thanks Dave, this looks a lot more interesting than what is on TV at the moment. I am off to play.

Editing for clarity - that looks like a backhanded compliment, I mean it as anything but. 

Edited by owen

Thanks guys, glad they are useful! Pretty certain they’re not 100% perfect but they are as I heard them(?!) and often people will hear little nuances differently so don’t take them as gospel by any means!

haven't done one for ages, I should get back on it!

Dave

• Like 1