Why become a member? ×

bass on 'two tribes'

marcus bell

Many thanks for the vid dood. Fantastic seeing Lol Creme again. 10cc were just an amazing band to listen to and see in the 70's. I remember them doing Newcastle City Hall. They started "I wanna be a boss", then Lol just pulled the band to a stop. " I've forgotten the ******* words". The place erupted in laughter. Sorry for thread hijack.

[quote name='dood' timestamp='1375802572' post='2165860']

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBWY8oAnnww[/media]
[/quote]

The guy playing the shaker is a MACHINE. Does anyone know what type of shaker that is, and what year it was made?

• 8 years later...

I'd always been under the impression it was a Synclavier direct to disc system that Trevor Horn and Steve Lipson had taken to using. Ealier Frankie work was engineered by JJ Jeczalik, a renown Fairlight user, certainly Relax was Fairlight driven, but Two Tribes was definitely Steve Lipson.

Either way, it wasn't Ped and his P bass...

On 14/08/2013 at 12:38, Paulgm1 said:

From the look of it I would say a 1983 maple shaker filled with dried Alaska variety peas. From the markings I think it was manufactured in a California factory ( much better than the modern ones which are made in a Vietnam sweatshop

Edited by Pat2019
Realized I was adding to a zombie thread- 😞