Why become a member? ×

New HORSE album released

endorka

At last, the official release! It's been over two years in the making, but was worth it :-)

It's one of the few recordings I've been on that I still love to listen to, even though it has been in my possession now for many months.

I played bass guitar & double bass on the whole album, and arranged strings for two of the tracks, "I Adore You" and "Home".

Preview and download available on [url="https://itunes.apple.com/gb/album/home/id672684801"]iTunes[/url]. I posted a video of the single "I Am" on Basschat recently [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/213421-new-single-video-i-am"]here[/url].

Would be interested to hear your thoughts; we're all mighty proud of it here at Camp Horse :-)

Jennifer

f***ing 'ell Jennifer, it's a bit bloody good init !!

Great pop songwriting, right up my street. Horse has a wickid voice! Great arrangements and production, performance is flawless, it's superb! Lovely bass tones and lines. I love the unpredictable arrangements, I think I know where a song is going and it doesn't, that's a lovely treat :)

Bought.

I'm well chuffed you enjoyed the treat :-)

We really tried to go beyond the stock musical approaches... good wasn't sufficient, it had to be the ultimate! A lot of effort, but justified, to my ears.

Thanks so much for buying it, it means so much.

Jennifer

[quote name='xilddx' timestamp='1375734174' post='2165013']
f***ing 'ell Jennifer, it's a bit bloody good init !!

Great pop songwriting, right up my street. Horse has a wickid voice! Great arrangements and production, performance is flawless, it's superb! Lovely bass tones and lines. I love the unpredictable arrangements, I think I know where a song is going and it doesn't, that's a lovely treat :)

Bought.
[/quote]

Ah yes, there do seem to be a few others with similar names. Horse (singer) has been going since the Eighties though, so I reckon she has a good claim :-)

Glad you liked it though!

Jennifer

[quote name='Truckstop' timestamp='1375734795' post='2165024']
Oh, I thought this was 'HORSE the band' :(
[/quote]

[quote name='endorka' timestamp='1375735459' post='2165039']
I'm well chuffed you enjoyed the treat :-)

We really tried to go beyond the stock musical approaches... good wasn't sufficient, it had to be the ultimate! A lot of effort, but justified, to my ears.

Thanks so much for buying it, it means so much.

Jennifer
[/quote]

Just been listening to it, some magic moments going on in every song!

Any plans to play London?

Yes! You're hearing what I hear - what more could one hope for :-)

Indeed we are playing London, Bush Hall on 21st November. Part of a UK tour November / December; would be great to see you.

[url="http://www.horsemcdonald.com/horse-mcdonald-singer-uk-tour-2013.shtml"]http://www.horsemcdonald.com/horse-mcdonald-singer-uk-tour-2013.shtml[/url]

Jennifer

Brilliant, will be great to meet up & have a chat. See you there!

Jennifer

[quote name='xilddx' timestamp='1375737530' post='2165078']
I shall be there. I've played there twice with Kit, it's a really lovely venue! In fact if you need an emergency support act, we come runnin :D

In the diary. See you there
[/quote]