Why become a member? ×

Advice please!
£1

the hand of john curley

Hi folks,
Not yet a FS/FT add....but will be! Does anyone remember the guy on eBay years back from Manchester...think he was called Dave? He used to sell mostly Harley Benton stuff together with a few home build p's and j's......
I bought a few "custom builds" off him over the years , the last one being a Jaco copy about 5 years ago.
I can post photos etc....but basically looks like the squire version. Has fender decal on. The whole thing is really well put together. It's been defretted and filled, the routing around the neck pup isn't the best but.....hey ho. I put a pair of Duncan designed pups in it off a VMJ stuck some flats on it and it sounds lovely, balances well, does what it should. Problem is that it's been sat for the last 6 months doing nowt and as there are other items for the "armoury" that I'd like, I'm thinking of shifting it......
This is where I need your opinions please folks....how do I establish a fair price for it??? What would you guys think it should be at? Any and all opinions much appreciated!!

.....unless they are about current political relationship between North Korea and bwangtangbang....(a little island, approx 350ft across, located off the coast of Wolverhampton 😆)
Cheers all
Matt

I'm sure you've already heard the words "the value of your bass is the amount someone is prepared to pay for it". It's a fact, but when you're in your situation you want to know what price to pitch it at.

Selling anything is all in the description and in the perceived value in the eye of your customer. How good can you make this bass look?

If you recon it's going to sell for rock-bottom money no matter what you say to make it look good to the buyer, then consider putting the old pups back if you still have them and sell the Duncans separately.