Why become a member? ×

Pint in Leeds

fumps

[quote name='fumps' timestamp='1375875747' post='2166730']
Yeh I'll be there on Saturday too !
[/quote]

Its a good little festival imo, always enjoyed it in previous years. Been pestering the organiser for a while and we finally got on the bill so really looking forward to it. If it turns out that I can meet fellow BC 'ers that weekend as well then even better.

Well the 22nd would be great if we weren't doing the leeds guitar show that day!!

So not only am i missing my good friend's debut gig with the bass i'm making him but i'm missing bass related beer and banter!! Dam it!! Haha

There will be other days!

I would be up for getting involved in future drinks and actual bash related organisation so i will try and stay up to date with things here.

I can bring some of our Alpher basses a Valenti 5 string, 2 barefaced cabs and a markbass lm3

:)

• 4 weeks later...

Are we still up for this?
Sunday 22nd Sept. I propose that we meet at 2pm behind the bandstand, on the top of the cafe(it'll make sense when you get there), Roberts Park, Saltaire. If you're coming by train, out of station, over canal and river into Roberts Park. There will be street food in Saltaire and opportunities to quaff ale. Is that ok with everyone? If so who will be coming?

I will be there anyway as I am playing at 1:30 on the stage in Roberts Park. Would like to try and meet up with you all later but I don't know anyone or what they look like so that could be tricky, unless Fumps looks like his picture on here in which cas[i]e [/i]I should be able to spot him.

Looks like I will be around in Saltaire at that time, but will be with family as me and the missus will be taking my mother around the festival.

If anyone fancies meeting up for a beer a bit later on at Fanny’s (say around 4.30pm) – gimme a shout...!

Edited by peteb

[quote name='wriggers' timestamp='1379337042' post='2211389']
Are we still up for this?
Sunday 22nd Sept. I propose that we meet at 2pm behind the bandstand, on the top of the cafe(it'll make sense when you get there), Roberts Park, Saltaire. If you're coming by train, out of station, over canal and river into Roberts Park. There will be street food in Saltaire and opportunities to quaff ale. Is that ok with everyone? If so who will be coming?
[/quote]

Not a terrific response so far

Hi guys
I owe you all an apology. Over the last month or so I've been really ill & with all the coming and going I have totally forgotten about this.

My head has been on meeting appointments & panicking about test results & all the sh*t that goes with all that stuff.

All I can say is that I'm sorry for being crap. I'm feeling pretty rough anyway but feel pretty bad about forgetting this.

Mind is elsewhere & I fumbled the ball on this one guys.

[quote name='wriggers' timestamp='1379754315' post='2216409']
Hey Fumps

Absolutely no need to apologise. I hope that you get sorted with whatever is you're going through. look after yourself mate.
[/quote]
Thanks mate, its not like me to forget stuff like this. My mind was just elsewhere. I will be cool & reorganise a proper bash either later this year or early next.

[quote name='wriggers' timestamp='1379860823' post='2217485']
A proper bash would be good. Look after yourself first though. I met TomDuff this afternoon, though it was very busy and the chances of bumping into people I didn't know would have been very slight. Hope to meet you at some point Gav

Get well

Paul
[/quote]
Hi mate

Yeh thats an easy fix.
Like I say to any BCer if your up for a meet up, chat or pint I'm based on the Bradford side of Leeds (Kirstall/Bramley boarder) just drop me a PM & I will more than happy to meet up. Just let me shake this bit off first