Pint in Leeds

fumps

[quote name='Gust0o' timestamp='1375359117' post='2160203']
Also, happy Yorkshire day :)
[/quote]
Ahhhh that is why all these white roses are on my facebook page lol

Ave a gud un buds !

Edited by fumps

[color=#898F9C]God was bored and went missing for six days. The Archangel Gabriel found him resting on the seventh day.[/color]
[color=#898F9C]"What have You been up to?" he said.[/color]
[color=#898F9C]"I've created the planet Earth and it will be a place of great balance."[/color]
[color=#898F9C]"Balance?" said Gabriel.[/color]
[color=#898F9C]God explained.[/color]
[color=#898F9C]North America would be wealthy and South America would be poor. "Over there I've placed a continent of white people, and over there a continent o[/color][color=#898F9C]f black people."
God talked of different countries.
"That one will be hot and that one will be covered with ice."
Gabriel was impressed and pointed to an area in England and said: "What's that?"
"Ah," said God. "That is Yorkshire, the most glorious place on Earth. There will be beautiful lakes, streams, rivers and hills, great music, architecture, and sporting giants. The people from Yorkshire will be modest, intelligent and witty. They will be sociable, hard working and high achievers. They will be known throughout the world as diplomats and peace-makers."
Gabriel gasped in admiration, thought for a moment, and said: "But what about balance, God? You said there will be balance."
"Ah," said God, nodding sagely, "let me tell you about Lancashire..."[/color]

Arrrghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
sorry guys I have been really distracted last few days (Putting the final touches to my little studio)

Right if you guys want to meet up on Sunday afternoon i am free on the following Sundays:
8th September
22nd September

Are you guys free on these dates or do we prefer longer notice ?

[quote name='CHRISDABASS' timestamp='1375790304' post='2165578']
Sorry if i'm a but out of the loop but It's a shame this yorkshire bash isn't working out! There's a great hall just down my street (saltaire) that be perfect for it!!

What seems to be the problem with regards to setting this bash up?

I'll gladly help out!

:)
[/quote]
Oooo now there's a point.

I'm not sure what happened originally as I didn't go to any of the previous Bass bash events, there was an attempt to make one happen but I believe it just kept dying off as an idea, I was thinking of keeping it simple and just organising a pint as a social occasion. I'm close to Saltaire so it would be easy to get to for me.

what does everyone else think ?

[quote name='fumps' timestamp='1375786601' post='2165487']
Arrrghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
sorry guys I have been really distracted last few days (Putting the final touches to my little studio)

Right if you guys want to meet up on Sunday afternoon i am free on the following Sundays:
8th September
22nd September

Are you guys free on these dates or do we prefer longer notice ?
[/quote] Sundays are usually free for me, except those two dates as I am gigging both of them - nevermind.

[quote name='fumps' timestamp='1375799625' post='2165790']
OK well I'm not fussed. how about a pint & use that opportunity to organise a bash/collective gig/further pinty-poo's at a later date ?

Just thinking out loud at the moment.
[/quote]

I can see the moment, as the pints hit double figures, that someone reaches for their Fodera... :lol:

[quote name='TomDuff' timestamp='1375800286' post='2165806']
Sundays are usually free for me, except those two dates as I am gigging both of them - nevermind.
[/quote]
Bugger !

Still nothing solid as yet, I think we could do something later, yet

[quote name='Gust0o' timestamp='1375800935' post='2165827']
I can see the moment, as the pints hit double figures, that someone reaches for their Fodera... :lol:
[/quote]
Does one of us own such an amazing bit of kit ?
I'm a poor man I thought they were a myth lol

[quote name='wriggers' timestamp='1375802583' post='2165862']
I can't do 8th but can do twentytwooth.
[/quote]
Ok lets see what we can do

Guys I'm needing a list of interest & when you can be free etc & what you want to do as if we could organise a venue would that be better ? but it's not in Leeds (Not far away though)

I can definitely do the 22nd, not sure about the 8th.

I would suggest a Sunday afternoon pint in Leeds city centre first then discuss if anyone wants to follow up with something bigger. Saltaire would be cool as a couple of decent rooms available and next to a train station a couple of stops from Leeds! A few decent boozers nearby as well if you're not driving...

Edited by peteb

[quote name='peteb' timestamp='1375825262' post='2166295']
I can definitely do the 22nd, not sure about the 8th.

I would suggest a Sunday afternoon pint in Leeds city centre first then discuss if anyone wants to follow up with something bigger. Saltaire would be cool as a couple of decent rooms available and next to a train station a couple of stops from Leeds! A few decent boozers nearby as well if you're not driving...
[/quote]
Yeh I agree a primary erm meeting over a pint & then see where we go from there.

So is everyone cool with the 22nd ?

Saltaire is easy for me as I can ride my bike there (I live pretty much on the canal so no worries for me)

[quote name='fumps' timestamp='1375860018' post='2166464']
Yeh I agree a primary erm meeting over a pint & then see where we go from there.

So is everyone cool with the 22nd ?

Saltaire is easy for me as I can ride my bike there (I live pretty much on the canal so no worries for me)
[/quote]

Its the Saltaire festival that weekend (Sept 21st/22nd), if you do meet up that sunday 22nd I will sort of be there as I am playing the main stage about 2pm - could try and catch up with you all a bit later.

[quote name='TomDuff' timestamp='1375874410' post='2166706']
Its the Saltaire festival that weekend (Sept 21st/22nd), if you do meet up that Sunday 22nd I will sort of be there as I am playing the main stage about 2pm - could try and catch up with you all a bit later.
[/quote]
Yeh I'll be there on Saturday too !