Why become a member? ×

Morning...

Marshy

Thought I'd pop my head through the door here at last. Registered ages ago, then work took over my life for "a while". Still have broken free of that at long last.

So "hi", I'm Chris and I'm another fretless pervert :) Seriously, started playing in the late 80s and spent most of the years since then being vaguely crap until I discovered that I could sorta hack fretless. Lined fretless, mostly... training wheels... Then in the early 00's I got lucky and found a band in which I had a "voice" and haven't looked back. ([url="http://myspace.com/stryngs"]Stryngs on Myspace[/url] FWIW)

Of course, that triggered the gear acquisition poverty slide (GAPS). Pictures when I can find 'em, but GAPS has resulted in the following bass pr0n:-

[list]
[*]Jap Squier Precision (converted to fretless by Bill Puplett, now Oasis' guitar tech)
[*]Bass Collection II DB43E (hardly any of these exist, think they were made shortly before BC went bang in the early 90s. Still love it to this day.)
[*]Warwick Corvette 4 string fretless (sh1t! No lines!)
[*]Yamaha TRB-1005F (sold, er, probably. I'm told.)
[*]Stingray 5 fretted (Utterly splendid once I set it up properly. Sadly, doesn't suit the music I play. But lovely. But not for me. But... But... Arrgh...)
[*]Dean Acoustic Fretless (for messing around in the sun)
[*]NS Bass Cello (gibber... possibly the sexiest thing on earth. Shame my arco technique sucks)

[*]Old old old Trace 715 combo.
[*]New new new Ashdown Superfly amp and 2x8 cab. (I can lift all my bass gear at once without slipping a disc!)
[*]Bass Pod XT Live.
[/list]
How about recording pr0n... does that count too? I'm thinking it does, mainly due to the insane LED count on the front of the MOTU896HD gathering dust in my spare room... Then there's the f*** off Macbook pro to run Logic. And the ADAT interface.

This isn't a very good introduction is it? Although, having thought about it, it's a little clearer why I don't have as much cash as I think I should...

This is a support group, right? :huh:

--Chris