Why become a member? ×

Vivid Amps, new bass and guitar amp company in the US

TomRichards

Let me give you some advice Tom, FWIW. It just feels like you are coming on with a strong sales pitch to sell gear. If you want to hawk stuff, then post on the Affiliates forum and no one will give you grief. I know you say you are not selling stuff, but the way this sounds to English ears you most defiantly are.

If you are indeed the person you say you are then get involved with some advice, input and tales from the road, but leave the salesman at the door.

Best Wishes

[quote name='TomRichards' timestamp='1375475640' post='2162110']
So, then, absolutely no professional player with an endorsement can comment on anything they use with any credibility? Guess Victor Wooten's opinion on Fodera, or Billy Sheehan's opinions on Hartke, or any of the Warwick bass team carry any cred whatsoever?
[/quote]

Vic Wooten endorses a power cable that improves tone. That says enough. Billy Sheehan endorses Scientology. I've dealt with Warwick some, and not impressed with them either.

[quote name='LukeFRC' timestamp='1375473669' post='2162063']
ouch! Like why - now I have no idea at all but would guess if this is car/bike stereo technology (hence the twin input and output) that it would be optimised to roll of most the bass - I mean if you're on a bike I can't imagine you get many low end woofers.... My guess its a typo and roll off at 40 Hz (or around) with the focus on the mids giving a nice hifi clean tone with little low end - a bit like a low fi version of the hi fi monitor I started a thread about last month.
[/quote]

For recorded music, it is already high passed. Wasn't a typo because it was a graph they posted, because of us techies asking for proper info. I suspect they don't really understand what they posted. Annoyingly the thread got pulled, I assume due to commercial.

I mean no offense Kiwi. I am just sort of amazed at the comments as I only asked for thoughts and never pushed the product. And most of the things posted were not enthusiastically positive, so I also don't understand why it appears to be a pitch to you. It's not like I have been singing amazing praise. And I have pointed out that it is my opinion and good for me. I also find it somewhat offending that I have been playing professionally since you were 7 years old but the mere fact I have a connection to an amp can only mean I have no credibility.

If I follow your logic correctly, since I have some very close relationships with some legendary builders then any post I make regarding their equipment has no credibility. So am I understanding that correctly? If that is the case then only people who have never had any form of endorsement would count.

I unofficially endorse a lot of my associates products. For no compensation. Because I know them and often get to use or try their products. In this forum I might choose to comment on say an Ampeg amp. Does my very close relationship with Dennis Kager or my friendship with the late Jess Oliver therefore taint my opinion of a product? Does it therefore lose credibility? Or does it add a measure of credibility when discussing those products?

Posters are free to take my posts and add to that any interpretation they want. And they know my associations. I surmise there are many, many who post in Basschat forums who have similar or closer associations and have never made them as clear as mine.

With that, feel free to close this thread, and if I wish to post an original thread about any amp product I have an association with I will reach out to you first.

[quote name='TomRichards' timestamp='1375488690' post='2162300']
I mean no offense Kiwi. I am just sort of amazed at the comments as I only asked for thoughts and never pushed the product. And most of the things posted were not enthusiastically positive, so I also don't understand why it appears to be a pitch to you. It's not like I have been singing amazing praise. And I have pointed out that it is my opinion and good for me. I also find it somewhat offending that I have been playing professionally since you were 7 years old but the mere fact I have a connection to an amp can only mean I have no credibility.

If I follow your logic correctly, since I have some very close relationships with some legendary builders then any post I make regarding their equipment has no credibility. So am I understanding that correctly? If that is the case then only people who have never had any form of endorsement would count.

I unofficially endorse a lot of my associates products. For no compensation. Because I know them and often get to use or try their products. In this forum I might choose to comment on say an Ampeg amp. Does my very close relationship with Dennis Kager or my friendship with the late Jess Oliver therefore taint my opinion of a product? Does it therefore lose credibility? Or does it add a measure of credibility when discussing those products?

Posters are free to take my posts and add to that any interpretation they want. And they know my associations. I surmise there are many, many who post in Basschat forums who have similar or closer associations and have never made them as clear as mine.

With that, feel free to close this thread, and if I wish to post an original thread about any amp product I have an association with I will reach out to you first.
[/quote]

Grief! Tom, you just don't get it, people here have tried to be subtle so I'll spell it out the best as I can.

All you go on about is all the people who you know, but in a kind of 'don't you know who I am' kind of way. No one here is bothered, it just cuts no ice. Go ask Guy Pratt, and I like Guy Pratt! He was given short shrift by members here, and you couldn't string his bass.

All you go on about is gear that you are endorsing, and in turn that you are trying to sell, all-be-it for a third party. Folk here write reviews about stuff they have bought out of their own pocket, so have earned that right to bang on about it. And gear here gets bought and sold on that strength. I love the Aguilar Octamizer, but I bought it, Aguilar don't give me gear. Take time to read what members here say about Matamp, and Matamp have no endorsee's, but I rave about their gear, and for no compensation.

If you are selling, then sell, and take it to the Affiliates section and no-one here will give you grief. But don't give us this snake oil that you are not selling/trying to sell/connected with manufacturers BS because they'll coat you off, as you've been getting coated-off through this thread.

The Brits do not like the hard sell. It's very unattractive to us. Why don't you let people get to know you, before you bang on about who you know and how long you've been at it? Don't patronise established members, because they've earned their stripes here, and with respect Tom, you aint.

I hope this is making sense to you and I hope you can cut the salesman crap and just be yourself.

Your views aren't worth a damn to anyone until they know who you are to put them in context, and the only way for us to know who you are is to engage with the forum. Right now, mostly what Is ee of you is making excuses for spamming the place up, not building great respect for your position.

The problem with written word over spoken is that the written word can be read multiple ways.
Because we don't actually know each other in person, how a person talks etc, reading something can easily come across with a different undertone from what the poster would when they speak.
I'm relating this not to just one person here, but to multiple.
I don't know how Tom speaks, but there's every chance being from the US that Tom may be quite a loud & flamboyant character. & I'm not putting that as a negitave.
But I don't know how any of you guys speak & where I think you all sound like good folk, you each may well be totally different from what comes across on here.

Anyway, carry on. :)

Tom, your review for basschat was more or less a copy and paste of your review that the company have on their website. Put it another way, their website has so little meaningful info your endorsement makes up most the sales pitch they make. If you don't get how turning up and copy and pasting that might come accross as (bad) marketing I don't know what planet you are on - I first read your op and thought you were some made up player imagined by a marketing department to push product...