Why become a member? ×

Are Barefaced on holiday?

davehux

Dear Anyone Who Might Know

Was expecting some BF lovliness to be delivered yesterday, but nothing turned up

No response to email and only voicemail on the phone

Where are you Super 12T/V??????

Yours

Heartbroken of Truro :(

I ordered mine on 21st May. Got a message 2 weeks ago saying it was ready, and payment requested. I paid on 12th July and arranged with Alex for delivery yesterday as it was my first day back from holiday.

No response to my payment and no response for my 'where is it' emails and phone calls.

There's patience and there's 'where's my £980 cab' patience :)

[quote name='davehux' timestamp='1375187147' post='2157785']
I ordered mine on 21st May. Got a message 2 weeks ago saying it was ready, and payment requested. I paid on 12th July and arranged with Alex for delivery yesterday as it was my first day back from holiday.

No response to my payment and no response for my 'where is it' emails and phone calls.

There's patience and there's 'where's my £980 cab' patience :)
[/quote]

Strange... I ordered mine on the 3rd May...

for me there was a gap between my final payment and the arrival of my cabs (might have been a month or so), have you had a delivery tracking number? i seem to remember that they ship out on thursdays for friday delivery.
did you arrange an exact date for delivery or did you just tell them when you were away and ask for delivery after that date?

Matt

i've just checked my email and the gap between final payment and delivery was a touch over 2 months! i have no idea if this is normal but it was definately worth the wait as the cabs are outstanding! i've now bought the extra padded Roqsolid covers for mine and am loving every minute i use them!

Matt

You will get an email when it's posted. No email = it has not been posted.

I paid the balance for my Compact in mid July, when it was requested. I sent an email asking to please avoid delivery during the 2 weeks I would be away on holiday. It was delivered while still on holiday :lol: I was sent an email saying the cab was shipped and would be with me the following day. I had to wait until today to pick it up... but it's with me now and I like what I see/hear. :)

[quote name='Matt P' timestamp='1375194732' post='2157952']
i've just checked my email and the gap between final payment and delivery was a touch over 2 months! i have no idea if this is normal but it was definately worth the wait as the cabs are outstanding! i've now bought the extra padded Roqsolid covers for mine and am loving every minute i use them!

Matt
[/quote]

What?! Swear this had better be the greatest cab I've ever used :P

I know these are incredibly popular cabs, built in small batches, in Britain, by people who obviously put a lot of effort into them, but when you're paying virtually a thousand pounds for a cab, I don't think it's too much to be kept up-to-date with progress.

As far as my correspondence with Alex was concerned, I was expecting a big box to be delivered into our Reception yesterday, and there was nothing from him to indicate otherwise

Just sayin' ;)

July 2013 updates here: http://barefacedbass.com/ordering-and-availability.htm

It seems Alex has come a long way in the last few years. I originally followed his complete prototype build on Bassplayer forum. Pics and mistakes and all. He was originally doing a full time job, with a wife and new born baby. He took on a carpenter to build the cabs.

I have no idea whether he is now doing this full time or not. He used to moderate an entire sub forum here just for his cabs.

Edited by TimR

I ordered mine 7th April, got the email requesting payment about 3 weeks ago, super 12T was delivered on Friday, I was in work so picked it up from the fedex depot Saturday morning and I have to say it is an awesome cab and well worth the wait. I just can't believe how loud it is.

I didn't get an email saying it had been dispatched so it was a pleasant surprise when I got the call from FedEx!