Why become a member? ×

SOLD! Sadowsky MV4-HPJ (Hybrid PJ) Natural body, Maple board
£1200

Quatschmacher

I'm going to give this another shot...

Selling my Sadowsky MV4-HPJ as I have decided that maple boards really aren't my thing. I've had this for a couple of years now and got it from another forum member. Comes with the Sadowsky light case and is currently strung with Sadowsky 45-105 flats and is in outstanding condition.

Trade-wise I'd be interested in the following 4-string basses (with the exception of 7., the bass must have a [b]rosewood board and a Jazz-width nut[/b]):

1. Sadowsky HPJ in natural, olympic white or transparent white.
2. Lakland Bob Glaub, P or (preferably) PJ in natural, Olympic white or transparent white
3. Fender USA Deluxe Jazz (bound and blocked)
4. Fender Jazz 75RI (Jap or USA), Natural, olympic white or transparent white
5. Musicman Stingray SLO, in natural, honeyburst, olympic white or transparent white
6. Musicman Big Al SSS, olympic or transparent white
7. Fender USA Standard Precision in Olympic white

[B]If the bass you want to trade is not on the above list, please don't ask; I'm really not interested in anything else.[/b]

Trial is welcome in [b]Sheffield[/b]. Collection only. Any questions, just drop me a line.

[attachment=139716:2012-09-18 15-27-54.JPG]
[attachment=139717:2012-09-18 15-29-04.JPG]
[attachment=139718:2012-09-18 15-25-54.JPG]
[attachment=139719:2012-09-18 15-33-50.JPG]

Edited by Quatschmacher

Hiya Quatschmacher. Just in case this hasn't gone in the next half hour :rolleyes: .
I have a black 62 American Reissue, stack knob, rosewood board, tortie plate, made 2002.
Sadly it is in my luthiers getting set up, cleaned and serviced (pots, pups etc) and no doubt he won't have finished it tomorrow when I ring. Sadly can't even do photos.
Good condition, a few tiny scratches. Would be looking to that plus £350 your way for the Sadow, which is my dream combo.
So, just in case yours is around in a couple of days thought I'd through the hat in.
Cheers,
Karl.

Edited by karlfer

[quote name='cocco' timestamp='1374762515' post='2152906']
Just so you know. The Bob Glaub has a wide nut. If you want a jazz nut on a lakland P you're looking for a Duck Dunn :)
[/quote]

The Glaub actually is made with both 1.75 inch and 1.5 inch nut width, although the narrower nut is rare over here.

The Bob Glaub (44-64) has a optional 38mm nut width (on the Lakland website). There was one for sale on here a few months ago. The Duck Dunn model has blocks and binding on the neck (which I love on Jazz basses but am not as fussed about on Precision basses).

Sorry guys, if it's not on my trade list, then I'm not interested. Thanks.

However, I will add that I'd also consider a Fender American Standard Precision with USA Standard Jazz rosewood neck in olympic white on the off chance that someone has one.

So, I'm a bit slow (from Darlington originally you see). If you were prepared to take a Precision with rosewood board, to swap the necks out, would it make any difference if a Precision came along with a maple board? :scratch_one-s_head:

[quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1375794672' post='2165664']
So, I'm a bit slow (from Darlington originally you see). If you were prepared to take a Precision with rosewood board, to swap the necks out, would it make any difference if a Precision came along with a maple board? :scratch_one-s_head:
[/quote]

I did think that myself. However, I thought that I'd be more likely to find someone to swap with if it had the same fingerboard wood as the one I wanted to acquire; the only difference would be the nut width.

All you can do is hang on really Peter. It's a tough market at best and middle of the holiday season doesn't help.
I would love this but my AV62RI wasn't what you are looking for and my USA White Precision is maple board. My Warwick Bleached Blonde is the correct nut width but nowhere near what you are looking for.
I will be back in touch if I sell the Warwick or my Geddy Lee. No doubt there are others trying to sell to fund purchasing this bass. Like my Warwick, it is a lot of money, even though it's a good price for what it is.
It takes people time to find a lot of money.
Hang on in there dude,
Karl.