Why become a member? ×

Barefaced Cab Handle Problems

Clarky72

[quote name='nottswarwick' timestamp='1376497729' post='2174967']
How do they compare price wise?
[/quote]

Above -
£960 at Bass Direct (thats including the 10 pounds for postage)

S12T (with tweeter) at £870 (with postage -
[b] Postage and packing[/b]

UK postage and packing is charged at a flat rate of £30 for small cabs (Compact/Big Baby/Midget) and £60 for large cabs, i.e. the ones with wheels (Big Twin/Super Twelve/Dubster/Super Fifteen/'69er).

)

So that's £960 vs £900.

(Plus Berg has come from the US and through a dealer)

Edited by EBS_freak

[quote name='Wooks79' timestamp='1376494391' post='2174868']
A question for Toasted - do you own, or have you owned a Barefaced cab?

I only ask to be able to put posts in this thread into perspective in my head, regardless of my own personal opinion on Barefaced gear.

Everybody has their own opinion of certain gear and are welcome to it.

Cheers!
[/quote]

Dunno if you missed this question Toasted?

Cheers.

[quote name='EBS_freak' timestamp='1376498042' post='2174976']

Above -
£960 at Bass Direct (thats including the 10 pounds for postage)

S12T (with tweeter) at £870 (with postage -
[b] Postage and packing[/b]

UK postage and packing is charged at a flat rate of £30 for small cabs (Compact/Big Baby/Midget) and £60 for large cabs, i.e. the ones with wheels (Big Twin/Super Twelve/Dubster/Super Fifteen/'69er).

)

So that's £960 vs £900.

(Plus Berg has come from the US and through a dealer)
[/quote]

£60 postage?!

My Berg AE112's are great cabs alround. They aren't the best cabs I use, IMO.
The only downside they have is that they just don't sound as weighty as say, GS112's
but the GS is a lesser cab IMO, alround. The Berg has a better balanced range to it. I'd be interested to hear the SL112's in anger
as only tried them at low volume.just to see if there were any NEO cabs/chassis, I liked. I have to say I haven't found one so far, and
I've tried a good few. Low vol isn't the place to pick which cab from tho', IME.
I don't think the weight of a ceramic 112 is any sort of problem myself so that isn't going to be THE factor from my POV.

Does build and QC come into it..?? absolutely, for me... if you scrimp on simple things, where else have you scrimped.
It is also about judgement, and that is something that has panned another maker on here.
If you go for a Pro market, then you have to go PRO... that means PR, Website QC, R&D ..etc etc
There is a thinking that aethetics DO matter at some point.
You turn up at most gigs...IME, and the kit you use is noticed. This can help you get the gig again.
I'm pretty sure quite a few muso's are snobby in this way... when you see the money they have shelled out. for their kit.
Of course, it doesn't matter if they sound crap with great looking kit, the deal will be done, but you can have both. Berg do this.
Aguilar do it. Baer certainly do it..
How hard can it be...?? Even if your core market is the pub.

Edited by JTUK

[quote name='Matt P' timestamp='1376494896' post='2174880'][font=Arial]If you're planning on popping along to the upcoming North east bass bash you're welcome to have a go with my barefaced midgets, there might be a super12 there as well if i can persuade it's owner to come along. Your very welcome to use your own head too. [/font]
[/quote]

I'll have the Berg AE212 as well which is 'similar' to the CN212.

I don't really understand all this. Barefaced have a set of design goals and usps and build cabs to meet those goals - practical, light and a great sound (obviously subjective). There are other cabs out there with similar design goals and different design goals. There are bassists with different tonal goals, practicality requirements and cash available.

Barefaced owners are all a pretty happy bunch, the cabs do what they want.

Non barefaced owners appear not to like barefaced so shouldn't they be happy they don't have one?

If someone can point me in the direction of the perfect cab that meets everyone's needs I'd be grateful..........

[quote name='Wooks79' timestamp='1376494391' post='2174868']
A question for Toasted - do you own, or have you owned a Barefaced cab?

I only ask to be able to put posts in this thread into perspective in my head, regardless of my own personal opinion on Barefaced gear.

Everybody has their own opinion of certain gear and are welcome to it.

Cheers!
[/quote]
I don't get this idea of the you have not owned so you don't know thing (which is obviously what you want to pull on him), sure he is trolling a bit but there are plenty of things I can make valid judgements on without owning, have I owned ricky, or an ebs rig, or coffee table bass? No but I have tried them even gigged them but they are not for me (ebs Freak loves two of those things yet we get on regardless), according to lots of people I'm not allowed to pass comment on them.

[quote name='Salt on your Bass?' timestamp='1376501716' post='2175067']

If someone can point me in the direction of the perfect cab that meets everyone's needs I'd be grateful..........
[/quote]
Well funnily enough the Genz 2x12t looks good, its lightweight, has rubber casters at the back with rubber feet at the front and solid rattle free inset handles at the top rather than in the middle of the cab where they ruin the cabs tone, cost less and even Alex himself rates them as a good cab :D

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' timestamp='1376502548' post='2175090']
Well funnily enough the Genz 2x12t looks good, its lightweight, has rubber casters at the back with rubber feet at the front and solid rattle free inset handles at the top rather than in the middle of the cab where they ruin the cabs tone, cost less and even Alex himself rates them as a good cab :D
[/quote]

Is it good for Metal though? :)

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' timestamp='1376502239' post='2175083']

I don't get this idea of the you have not owned so you don't know thing (which is obviously what you want to pull on him), sure he is trolling a bit but there are plenty of things I can make valid judgements on without owning, have I owned ricky, or an ebs rig, or coffee table bass? No but I have tried them even gigged them but they are not for me (ebs Freak loves two of those things yet we get on regardless), according to lots of people I'm not allowed to pass comment on them.
[/quote]

I'm not trying to 'pull' anything, like I said, I'm just interested. Like I said, I just wanna put Toasted's posts into perspective.

As far as I'm concerned, everyone has different needs/opinions, and you're all entitled to them!

I know what I like, and couldn't care less who agrees or not :)

EDIT: also, if you notice, I started a thread on irrational dislikes earlier, and I have them, so why would I started judging people jut cos they had or hadn't owned something?

Edited by Wooks79

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' timestamp='1376503049' post='2175115']
Fair enough and it was more a general feeling that your post raised so sorry for using your post as my rant basis, still had it loads of times though especially from Ric lovers.

Also yes its quite good for metal too!
[/quote]

No worries, I can see why you might think something like that was coming, but I'm just more interested in what's behind opinions, than actually getting dragged into the arguement ;)

At last!!! Thank you! Can we get this post pinned now?! :)

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' timestamp='1376502548' post='2175090']

[/quote]

Funny how a topic just posing a question not a moan can turn into a full-on slanging match at times.

There's a few things glaringly obvious here:

1. Not everyone loves Barefaced. I don't know a brand where there isn't someone with a negative opinion though. The BF owners generally LOVE their cabs.

2. Every cab/head has parts that expire. Every one I have ever owned has had it's faults, nothing is perfect. My Ampeg SVT Skunkworks had a foot come off. My Ampeg 810 went through umpteen sets of castors. My Ashdown's jack socket fell though inside. My Peavey's grille came loose, and a foot collapsed. The Hartke head had loose knobs. The list goes on...

3. I really do like bacon sandwiches.