Why become a member? ×

Barefaced Cab Handle Problems

Clarky72

[quote name='EBS_freak' timestamp='1376489532' post='2174767']

You see, this actually counts for a big deal.

The types of bands that I am in, I don't think I would be taken seriously if I turned up with something that looked like it was knocked up from components from the Tandy catalogue. BF really needs to up it's game on that front. Are we seeing BF as a festival or tv regular? It's hunting ground is the pub. And that's great. It's a valid market.

Louder? Clearer, cleaner... not in my experience? But thats where this is all subjective.
[/quote]

Yeah, I know, and the appearance thing disappoints me a bit. But to be fair, I'm in a function band, busy corporate etc, and my Compact never looked out of place, to me at least.

But you're right, I felt pretty cool in front of my EBS stack, and would still have it, but for the fact that I became the drummer in my band for a couple of years and sold it...

A question for Toasted - do you own, or have you owned a Barefaced cab?

I only ask to be able to put posts in this thread into perspective in my head, regardless of my own personal opinion on Barefaced gear.

Everybody has their own opinion of certain gear and are welcome to it.

Cheers!

[quote name='Musicman20' timestamp='1376494023' post='2174858']
I will have a point in the next 2-3 months where I might get a new lightweight superduper 2x12.

I am not saying whose is better, but the money so far is on the Bergantino CN212 at 46lbs...unless I can be pursuaded otherwise. If the BF really is better, then perhaps I'll get that.
[/quote]

[size=4][color=#222222][font=Arial] [/font][/color][/size]
[size=4][color=#222222][font=Arial][/font][/color] [/size]
[size=4][color=#222222][font=Arial]If you're planning on popping along to the upcoming North east bass bash you're welcome to have a go with my barefaced midgets, there might be a super12 there as well if i can persuade it's owner to come along. Your very welcome to use your own head too. [/font][/color][/size]
[color=#222222][font=Arial][size=1][/size][/font][/color]

[size=4]Matt[/size]

[quote name='Matt P' timestamp='1376494896' post='2174880']

[size=4][color=#222222][font=Arial] [/font][/color][/size]
[size=4][color=#222222][font=Arial][/font][/color] [/size]
[size=4][color=#222222][font=Arial]If you're planning on popping along to the upcoming North east bass bash you're welcome to have a go with my barefaced midgets, there might be a super12 there as well if i can persuade it's owner to come along. Your very welcome to use your own head too. [/font][/color][/size]
[color=#222222][font=Arial][size=1][/size][/font][/color]

[size=4]Matt[/size]
[/quote]

Cheers ill check the diary. :)

[quote name='skychaserhigh' timestamp='1376494910' post='2174881']
I like my vanderkley cab , great sound , great build and finish quality , great handles......
[/quote]

Not a Vanderkey! Not with their inset handles and inset back panel!!

[quote name='Musicman20' timestamp='1376494023' post='2174858'] the money so far is on the Bergantino CN212 at 46lbs...unless I can be pursuaded otherwise. If the BF really is better, then perhaps I'll get that.
[/quote]

What would it take to "persuade" you? Surely you would would need to do a proper A vs B test with both cabs - which would involve either buying a Super 12 (with a view to returning it within a month if it didn't meet expectations) or borrowing one from someone. As BF cabs are not available in the shops...

The Berg sells for £960 at Bass Direct. The cheapest BF option is the non-tweetered version with the black steel grille at £200 less. That is quite a difference! Maybe a fairer comparison would be the S12T at £870. Still enough cash left over to buy a few decent sets of strings. Although it could be argued that a difference of a hundred quid in cabs costing nearly a grand is relatively small...

I have to say though, that purely from a cosmetic POV, the Berg wins hands-down!

I ask purely out of interest. :)

Edited by Conan

[quote name='Marvin' timestamp='1376497628' post='2174959']
The Berg is clearly a lot bigger as well :/ That would be an issue for me :D
[/quote]

Oh really.

79cm x 46cm x 38cm

vs

76cm x 48cm x 34cm

Of course, the similarity in dimensions shouldn't really come as a surprise.

[quote name='EBS_freak' timestamp='1376497858' post='2174968']
Oh really.

79cm x 46cm x 38cm

vs

76cm x 48cm x 34cm

Of course, the similarity in dimensions shouldn't really come as a surprise.
[/quote]

:rolleyes:

In the picture the Berg looks twice as big...:)

It was supposed to be something that wasn't serious, maybe not a joke but...

[quote name='Toasted' timestamp='1376497665' post='2174963']
Be interesting to know what Alex thinks about the Berg cabs, since he's been lurking this thread for days:

[url="http://www.flickr.com/photos/75768883@N05/9511511914/"][/url]
[/quote]

Actually, that's me.