Why become a member? ×

All The Queens Ravens live videos from album launch (8 July)

Clarky

[quote name='the boy' timestamp='1374443337' post='2148906']
Jaysus........ Imagine being married to those mad bitches.
[/quote]
erm, right. We have BassChat's first polygamous psychiatrist. No comment on the music or performance then?

[quote name='Jigster' timestamp='1374481333' post='2149050']
Most excellently tight band Clarky - it's got a unique vibe - not sure if you said but is there a digital download?

Those fingers are quite dextrous for a 50 something :P
[/quote]
To quote Monty Python, "I'm not dead yet!"

Cheers for comments Jigster, 'Hearts for Judas' is free on Spotify but is also downloadable at itunes, Amazon and the CD (with gatefold sleeve, cover art etc) is available on our website

[quote name='Clarky' timestamp='1374482134' post='2149059']

To quote Monty Python, "I'm not dead yet!"

Cheers for comments Jigster, 'Hearts for Judas' is free on Spotify but is also downloadable at itunes, Amazon and the CD (with gatefold sleeve, cover art etc) is available on our website
[/quote]
Aahh..... It's your band. I'm really sorry. I thought you were posting it because the singing was so mental. The thought occurred to me while listening to the clips that it would be mad to be married to the pair of them. I imagined a comical (to me obviously) scene where we were having a domestic and they were singing at me and I hadn't a clue what they were saying. My choice of words has let me down and I apologise unreservedly as clearly what I said is very offensive, considering you are a band member. I actually liked it.

[indent=1]Yes, very tight performance. You've obviously been rehearsing, then..? :rolleyes: I like the rather sparce use of all the instrumental performers, leaving the 'front' for the lead singers to fill. These arrangements can tire, though; one needs a 'breather' from the heavy doses of rich harmony. Very tastefully done, mind you; this is not intended as a criticism of the talents here, it's excellent work.[/indent]
[indent=1]I'm not certain, but it looks as if your guitarist is playing left-handed 'Cotten' style, on a right-strung guitar..? Given the repertoire, that, in itself, is a feat, I would think..? Nice drums, nice bass. Good band...[/indent]

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1374484653' post='2149101']
[indent=1]I'm not certain, but it looks as if your guitarist is playing left-handed 'Cotten' style, on a right-strung guitar..? Given the repertoire, that, in itself, is a feat, I would think..?[/indent]
[/quote]
Yep, our guitarist does indeed play a right handed guitar left-handed with the strings "upside down". Lord knows how he does it!

[quote name='Clarky' timestamp='1374485733' post='2149127']
Yep, our guitarist does indeed play a right handed guitar left-handed with the strings "upside down". Lord knows how he does it!
[/quote]

Yes that confused my muchly at that gig. Kept thinking, that`s an odd chord, oh there`s another odd chord, and there`s another. Then it struck me, it`s a rh guitar played upside down, so they`re not odd chords at all.