Why become a member? ×

Alien Ears C3's

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Hi guys[/font][/color]

[font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#282828"]i've just purchased a set of these monitors and since there's not a great amount of literature on moulded in ears on the internet and its difficult to test these products out before you buy them i've written a review [/color][/font]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Price - £370.00 (plus £30 for moulds)[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I think this is a fairly reasonable price for triple driver units its around the same price as 1964’s and JH Audio’s triple driver offering and way below ACS’ T1’s (I’m aware the T1’s are made from silicone which accounts for some of the price difference) the only sticking point is that they are based in the US so shipping takes a little longer that it would do with a company based in the UK and obviously if there are any problems with them they have to be shipped back to be repaired.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Feel[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]At first there is a little discomfort wearing the C3’s as I’m used to my Shure se215’s (which if anyone is looking for a cheap alternative to moulds I highly recommend I’ve used them for 2 or 3 months before I had my C3’s and they did the job) however that being said you do get used to them after a few hours and they feel snug and secure even with the cord not pulled up the back of your neck.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Sound Quality[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]The sound huge! Everything is nice and defined I went for the normal C3 which have 2 low drivers and then a mid high driver as I wanted the extra punch in the low end to hear my bass they achieve this and more having 2 low drivers doesn’t muddy the sound at all its still very flat however there is just a little bit more low mid grunt which is very pleasing to my ears. The stereo spread is excellent too if something is panned slightly you hear it exactly where it’s supposed to be which is great if your running your in ears in stereo as when you hear a guitar it sounds like its coming from the amp rather than from inside your head which can happen when running in ears in mono[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Look[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I’m not big on looks to be honest I couldn’t really care what something looks like as long as it works but just a little note some of the colours on the alien ears website are not standard colours I ordered my monitors in green expecting it to be the nice neon green which is shown on the website. When I took delivery of them they came back as a darker kind of olive green, but like I said not a major issue I don’t really care what they look like.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Overall[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]First impressions of these monitors are great not many drawbacks and they sound great for the price I paid for them. I haven’t had chance to properly road test these yet so I can’t really comment on the durability of them, but one piece of advice I would give is check out the guys over at The Headphone Company these are the guys I used and the service was great I wasn’t the easiest customer to deal with and Paul took care of me and made my life easy it also means that I have a uk distributer to deal with so If I have any issues they will deal with alien ears on my behalf (international phone calls and shipping adds up) which is a nice safety net to have. So overall definitely recommend these to anyone looking to take a step up with their in ear monitoring and get moulds done. [/font][/color]

• 6 months later...