Why become a member? ×

Japan Jazz Bass Chrome Pickup Cover - HELP!

Jazzneck

I've just splashed out on a Japanese JB/62VSP Jazz Bass and I'm trying to find a chrome pickup cover which fits the pre-drilled scratchplate and guitar.

The hole spacing for this one is 4and5/16" or 110mm in new money.

The Fender ones that I could buy from Allparts, Fender, Axes'r'Us etc. have a hole spacing of 4and9/16" or 116mm.

I do not want to drill any more holes into the first brand new bass I have ever bought in my life.

My thoughts are:

1) Does the Japanese Marcus Miller Jazz Bass chrome pick up cover have this fixing hole spacing at 110mm?
Has anyone got a Japanese Marcus Miller Jbass which is fitted with a stock chrome pickup cover who would be kind enough to measure it for me and let me know, please?

2) And/or does anyone know where I can get one with this 110mm spacing, please?

Thanks in advance and anticipation.

• 1 year later...

Can't really help with the original request, but I'm glad it's not just me who discovered this! I bought a set of covers for my Japanese 75 RI jazz, and while the bridge cover fitted like a dream, there was no way the neck cover was going to line up. In the end for practical playing purposes, I preferred it with the neck cover off, but it would have been nice to have both on occasionally for the aesthetics. #shinythings

Edited by Simon.