Why become a member? ×

Jv squier, £999......

There's a JV for sale on BC at £850 (rosewood board though) and another recently went to tredders for a knowdown £500 (admittedly the lowest price I've seen one go for) so £999 seems a bit rich to me. If I were to offer I would pitch a lot below that

Looks nice mate and It's one of the original JV's with the Fender logo, bought mine just after they change to the big Squier logo, it was the hounds testes.
Providing it's been looked after, its worth making an offer. Seen these go for over a grand in the past, but these days it's a buyers market, so you could get it for a decent chunk below the asking price.

Good luck Mark. :)

They seem to be around the £700 - £850 area at present, so an offer could be worth it. It`s unlikely that the bottom will drop on these, so although not exactly an investment, you`ll always be likely to get your money back.

[quote name='Lozz196' timestamp='1373996186' post='2144063']
They seem to be around the £700 - £850 area at present, so an offer could be worth it. It`s unlikely that the bottom will drop on these, so although not exactly an investment, you`ll always be likely to get your money back.
[/quote]
Like all things you'll only get your money back if you'd payed the right price when you bought it. If not, be prepared to wait a while before you get a return on your money.

Edited by BetaFunk

I have one and the market value is now at least double what I paid for it. It's a great precision, no more, no less: it was not made by an elven master craftsman in Rivendell. You could get a newish USA precision for that kind of money.

Having said that, there's something quite special about and I guess some people would call that 'mojo'. Does it add monetary value? Subjective...

[quote name='the boy' timestamp='1374442755' post='2148887']
You are paying for the rarity. I've a few builds on the go at the moment so I'm fixed for gas at the moment. My favourite is one I'm doing for someone else and I'm In love with it. Always the way though.
[/quote]

Worth it?
+ one of the rarer Fender logo'ed ones.
+ amazing basses - one of the best fenders I've ever played - very vintage feel, and sound (different from modern fenders)
+ they seem to be going up in price....
- ... but I don't see many of them selling on ebay for the asking price.... however the sale price of the normal squier logo ones is going up and they do seem to be selling.
- as an investment... you will be selling to a niche market when you sell! I stuck mine up for sale last year on here and didn't even get one lowball offer! Normally I seem to get at least 3-4 lowballers on basschat! :D