Why become a member? ×

TKS Engineering cabs - new to the UK

wateroftyne

[quote name='Mylkinut' timestamp='1476470545' post='3154689']
Picked them up yesterday. Not quite as pretty as many here, but I'm chuffed to bits :)

[url="http://s3.photobucket.com/user/mylkinut/media/DSCN7255_zpsqgxyjrz2.jpg.html"][/url]
[/quote]

Lovely!

Just had an intensive listening session at the sound samples on the tks website.

Whereas over here on basschat the s112 and seems to be the winner, I like the samples of the 1126 best.... although I was looking for a 115 cab:)
Has anyone played a single 1126? My amp is a Mesa Walkabout (300watts @ 4 ohms, only 185watts at 8 ohms)

[quote name='gillento' timestamp='1476558068' post='3155246']
Just had an intensive listening session at the sound samples on the tks website.

Whereas over here on basschat the s112 and seems to be the winner, I like the samples of the 1126 best.... although I was looking for a 115 cab:)
Has anyone played a single 1126? My amp is a Mesa Walkabout (300watts @ 4 ohms, only 185watts at 8 ohms)
[/quote]

I have 2x1126's. I have only used both on one gig and I would easily have managed with one. I can't imagine a gig where one 1126 wouldn't be enough with the right wattage.
Unfortunately I don't think that 185 watts would be enough to drive one of these. I think 300 would be an absolute minimum. I use either a Markbass TTE801 or Quilter BB800 and one 1126 is enough for any gig I can imagine (with PA support at larger venues) at 450w +.

The TKS1126 is a similar concept to the Fearless F112 if you need extra input (same Eminence 3012LF driver).

[quote name='Opticaleye' timestamp='1476570280' post='3155375']

The TKS1126 is a similar concept to the Fearless F112 if you need extra input (same Eminence 3012LF driver).
[/quote]

I have played the Baer ML112 and they seem to be based on the same concept. In the end I did not like them when playing with a pick.
I just re-read a message by Tommy and he confirmed that the 1126 have neo speakers.
My hope was to use traditional ceramic speakers again.
So I might be better off with a S212 after all.

Edited by gillento

[quote name='gillento' timestamp='1476691873' post='3156235']
I have played the Baer ML112 and they seem to be based on the same concept. In the end I did not like them when playing with a pick.
I just re-read a message by Tommy and he confirmed that the 1126 have neo speakers.
My hope was to use traditional ceramic speakers again.
So I might be better off with a S212 after all.
[/quote]

I owned both simultaneously for a while. The 1126 sounded bigger and had a lot more low end, for sure... but the S112 sounded much better to me. It was tough to realise I had spent £1500 on the pair of 1126 when I was a lot happier with a pair of S112... Of course that is not to say you'll also prefer the S112! ;)

I had a single 1126 for a little while, and was able to A/B it with the S112.

The 1126 definitely sounded bigger, with more headroom, but it was much wider-sounding - not a particularly good match for the big-booty'd MESA Walkabout I was using at the time. The S112 'speaks' more, and was (and still is) more suited to my tastes.

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1476696766' post='3156288']

The 1126 definitely sounded bigger, with more headroom, but it was much wider-sounding - not a particularly good match for the big-booty'd MESA Walkabout I was using at the time. The S112 'speaks' more, and was (and still is) more suited to my tastes.
[/quote]

I have read the threads on TB about Baer speakers and they are not designed with the same concept as the 1126 or Fearless at all. The 1126 is a full range flat response cab like the Fearless and requires EQ (HPF and possibly LPF is best) or cab modelling to get a similar result to the S112 (entirely possible using an HPF).

Neo speakers generally have been labelled with having an unpleasant upper midrange (depends on the speaker in my opinion) but as the 1126 is 2 or 3 way the 3012LF doesn't get up that high. I'm not sure what the 6" speaker Tommy uses and whether that is neo or ceramic but as it doesn't have to cover anything but mids I would have thought that would have been enough to make the cab atypical in that respect.

The 3012LF does sound better with lots of watts through it though.

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1476696766' post='3156288']

[/quote]

That's my amp of choice as well:)

Edited by gillento

• 9 months later...

[quote name='FuNkShUi' timestamp='1501063993' post='3342145']
I think he uses that rig so he can play any gig he wants in Sweden without having to leave his house.
Just point the speakers in the right direction, and job done :lol:
[/quote]

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 years later...

Old thread bump. I’m considering a new cab (not to replace, but to supplement my 2x112s) and it seems as though TKS just went off the radar around 2019. I can see WOT had some updates (which aren’t visible to me for some reason) and I can’t find any other news elsewhere. 

Hoping nothing too terrible has happened and really hoping TKS might be an option, but not having any success getting in touch! 🤞

Anybody got any news?