Why become a member? ×

TKS Engineering cabs - new to the UK

wateroftyne

All - WOT has just been kind enough to drop off the 12/6 cabinet.

My word, I haven't had chance to plug in yet, but the quality just oozes from this cab. Very VERY slick aesthetics and attention to detail. It's not a tiny box but its easy to move and pretty light.

Just from the aesthetics I'm impressed.

It's 450W, 12+6, lovely tweed covering (which lines ups perfectly all over!) chrome corners, grill behind the cloth.

I have a new band starting on Weds so I'll take this along.

I'm going to try it in my room tomorrow to see what it sounds like.

[quote name='Musicman20' timestamp='1379702394' post='2215999']
WOT has just been kind enough to drop off the 12/6 cabinet.
[/quote]

See? This is where BC is for losers while YouTube is for winners.
If we had had any quality at all, WoT's trip to you would've been a vid upload by now!!
;)

Great show. Keep us updated indeed! (as if we need to).

[quote name='BassTractor' timestamp='1379714644' post='2216228']
See? This is where BC is for losers while YouTube is for winners.
If we had had any quality at all, WoT's trip to you would've been a vid upload by now!!
[/quote]
Ha ha.. the batteries were flat on my camera. :-)

Before I dropped the 1126 with MM20, I'd A/B'd it all day in a rehearsal along with the 8kg Neo 112.

The 1126 really is a huge sound... wide and open. The detail really comes through with that 6". As Mr. Pietruszka noted earlier, every note is even.

The 112 as an incredible amount of authority for such a small box. It's obviously 'rounder' sounding as it has no tweeter.with tighter lows. It's a classic P-with-flats cab, and instantly gives me 'my' sound.

I have a gig in a big hall tonight, but we have full PA support so the helium-filled 112 is coming with me...

After my excusion last week with my NEO's, I like the sound of the 1126....
I am going to carry the heavy 210's tonight as I know the load in and I want to
see if the 212 does for the 2x210 as I am really liking the DB212.
I can then get round to seeing if I trade the NEO 12's for the 1126...
If I can get 2x1126's then if that takes care of everything, then I can
really thin the cabs out.

Gareth... get the camera out...

Really impressed. I've been testing it with my Big Al 5 in passive, then in active and trying a LOT of bass boost and it just doesn't flinch....at all.

A heck of a lot of volume, punch and tone from a little light box.

I tried some music through it and the more dance orientated sub bass stuff or heavier music sound excellent.

I haven't really missed the tweeter plus my bass strings are a little old.

It is EXCELLENT for plec/lots of tube grind....just sounds effortless for that.

I couldn't believe such a little box could kick that much bass.

Edited by Musicman20

[quote name='Musicman20' timestamp='1379789627' post='2216842']
Really impressed. I've been testing it with my Big Al 5 in passive, then in active and trying a LOT of bass boost and it just doesn't flinch....at all.

A heck of a lot of volume, punch and tone from a little light box.

I tried some music through it and the more dance orientated sub bass stuff or heavier music sound excellent.

I haven't really missed the tweeter plus my bass strings are a little old.

It is EXCELLENT for plec/lots of tube grind....just sounds effortless for that.

I couldn't believe such a little box could kick that much bass.
[/quote]

Glad you like it! I'm looking forward to hearing what you think of it at the rehearsal....

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1379831940' post='2217080']
I used the Neo 112 at last night's gig. It sounded bloody great! So round and punchy. The notes were even right across the board.

And it's 8kgs. Crazy.

[/quote]

Such a cool looking setup!
I'd better start saving I guess...

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1379812804' post='2217050']

Glad you like it! I'm looking forward to hearing what you think of it at the rehearsal....
[/quote]

Me to! Looking forward to hearing this and starting back writing again. It's taken a long time to find the right 4 people, and we are still searching for a good frontman/vocalist.

Looks great.

I was thinking the white/creme tolex would be a concern to keep
in good nick as the main colour, but it looks so cool, all those concerns are out of the window.... :lol:

I am just waiting to see a few more pics of the cover option on FB or the website
to see how the work and then I think I am in.

Also, it is unclear if the 1126 can have a horn as well as the 6"... or instead of
but since I'll probably use two at some point, I can probably go one in one config
and one in the other...????
Still the little things I am musing about.

Keep the reviews, thoughts and pics coming..... :lol:

[quote name='JTUK' timestamp='1379843337' post='2217216']
Looks great.

I was thinking the white/creme tolex would be a concern to keep
in good nick as the main colour, but it looks so cool, all those concerns are out of the window.... :lol:

I am just waiting to see a few more pics of the cover option on FB or the website
to see how the work and then I think I am in.

Also, it is unclear if the 1126 can have a horn as well as the 6"... or instead of
but since I'll probably use two at some point, I can probably go one in one config
and one in the other...????
Still the little things I am musing about.

Keep the reviews, thoughts and pics coming..... :lol:
[/quote]

[url="http://tks.se/tks.se/vinyl.htm"]Here's a list of some of the vinyl you can get[/url].

Again, from the looks of the website, you can add a tweeter to the 1126. The highs are glorious through the 6", mind...!

thanks... I think the tweeter idea is just a comfort thing... so will indulge and pay for it on 1st cab.

The tolex options look great... but seeing them in context is everything.
And thinking black/creme is safe option..as the pics are available in how it will work..
but the white and black as in your photo is calling hard... :lol:
I will draft an e-mail/FB message in the next few days.

thanks again.

The guitarist popped round yesterday. I've known him for a little while, but not jammed with him as yet. As we both had some time, he popped over with a very small combo and we tried some ideas out. Firstly, off topic, it is a revelation to work with a guitarist who loves the tone of bass guitar and 'gets' it. Not only can we work with just bass/guitar/keys and no messing about with rhythm guitar, it means I can finally have a band the way I want it.

Anyway, he was very impressed with the TKS. Not only from an aesthetic/weight point of view, but he loved the range of tones it would deliver. Anything from modern and clean to gritty and rock n roll. It won't extend high into the treble due to no tweeter, but its a very nice cab.

I'm in a situation where I may pickup a Genz NX2 or order one of these.

I've just had a visit from someone who's taking the 15" away for a few days.

I had it set up in the living room with my pair of 12s alongside, and the patio door open. We had half an hour's natter and play through the cabs. They all sounded great.

I'm sure he'll drop by to share his thoughts when he's spent a bit of time with the 15".

I have used at three of these cabs and I was very impressed indeed. I took the 115 away for a few days and rehersed with is for a few hours. It did not disapoint and the power is staggering. I play in a 5 peice metal band and i had to turn down. it was suprisingly clear and tonally similar to my 410. It was also 18kg, which is unreal. Quality wise, it/they are superbly finished and solidly built.

Buy now!