Why become a member? ×

I've never begged for a job before ..... but ...

Do you find these two ladies scintillating in a musical or a romantic sense ? Both , I expect . The good news is that you could [u]definitely [/u] get a woman like one of these two . Every alternative music venue and indie bar in America is full of them and they are waiting for someone like you to buy them a drink . This is surely a goal within your reach .

Edited by Dingus

Just had another look at the video . If you do actually manage to meet these two in person and something develops between you and the one on drums , make sure you get some proof that she was actually[i] born [/i]a woman before you comitt yourself , if you know what I mean . ;)

Edited by Dingus

[quote name='Dingus' timestamp='1373402766' post='2137256']
Do you find these two ladies scintillating in a musical or a romantic sense ? Both , I expect . The good news is that you could [u]definitely [/u] get a woman like one of these two . Every alternative music venue and indie bar in America is full of them and they are waiting for someone like you to buy them a drink . This is surely a goal within your reach .
[/quote]

Very good

:D

[quote name='xilddx' timestamp='1373441943' post='2137529']
Awful. No commercial potential so they won't be making their own money that way. The bloke on the drums is quite good though.
[/quote]
So much hostility on this thread! The album seems to be selling well enough and they're getting higher profile gigs than most of us will ever achieve, so who are you to judge their commercial potential? The idea that something you dislike must have no merit looks a lot like pure snobbery, and I thought better of you than that.

[quote name='Beer of the Bass' timestamp='1373452173' post='2137676']
So much hostility on this thread! The album seems to be selling well enough and they're getting higher profile gigs than most of us will ever achieve, so who are you to judge their commercial potential? The idea that something you dislike must have no merit looks a lot like pure snobbery, and I thought better of you than that.
[/quote]

I am free to make any judgements I like, and you are free to judge my judgements. But I judge your judgement that I made any judgements as inaccurate. I expressed idle opinion based on that song and video in the OP, I think it's dull, typical LA shtick. I've checked them out and although I still find it very very dull, I see they have had some promotion and attendant success by getting some exposure and some decent gigs.

Check out Savages if you like raw girl power with integrity, I expect a boatload of Siouxsie comparisons though ..

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBNmt7IJ4nE"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBNmt7IJ4nE[/url]

Not sure about them myself - making the obvious comparison with the White Stripes, DV have the better drummer, and the singer's voice is less annoying than Jack White when he's yelping away.

Still, they're not the only female two-piece going - I think this pair have been around a bit longer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHG6MxsoPiY

[quote name='xilddx' timestamp='1373454188' post='2137708']
I am free to make any judgements I like, and you are free to judge my judgements. But I judge your judgement that I made any judgements as inaccurate. I expressed idle opinion based on that song and video in the OP, I think it's dull, typical LA shtick. I've checked them out and although I still find it very very dull, I see they have had some promotion and attendant success by getting some exposure and some decent gigs.

Check out Savages if you like raw girl power with integrity, I expect a boatload of Siouxsie comparisons though ..
[/quote]

Can you see the difference between saying you don't like a band or don't see their appeal, and just flatly slating them? I'm fine with the former, but tend not to listen to those who do the latter. I would say you drifted over that line, and I suspect you would not respond graciously if someone was to describe your own music in similar terms.
DV's guitar is kind of crude and rudimentary, but I think a lot of folk get off on the vocals, drums and sheer energy of the thing. There's nothing wrong with that!

I've heard a lot worse in pubs and clubs. May not be to everyones taste (looking at the post maybe that should be no ones taste) but that doesn't make it cr@p.

Look at many of the punk bands, I went to seveal gigs in the 70s where half the band couldn't tune their guitars, couldn't play in time and didn't evn know the songs that well. Now of course some of the these bands have been commercially successful and a lauded as musical heroes. Who know what the future will hold for Deap Vally?

Personally I suspect that the CD will probably not find its way onto my shelf.