Why become a member? ×

Daft Pun (Tribute Bands with Inventive Names)

cloudburst

There was (is?) locally a band called ...no way sis ...guess who they were a tribute too!

Whilst on holiday in Devon...Barnstaple ..in 2005 with my mates we saw a gig advertised at one of the pubs for "the Food fighters"..we went along expecting a tribute band .......

They turned out to be just a regular pub rock covers band ...they were fabulous though and we had a great night!

[quote name='SpaceChick' timestamp='1373403149' post='2137267']
When I lived in South London I knew "Chinese Elvis" he lived near me and had a restaurant in Old Kent Road :P
He was quite the TV celebrity in the 1990's/early 00's!
[/quote]

I remember him..and that restaurant. I lived just up the the road.
It was a mad house with all those hen parties and girls night themes going on.... :lol:[size=4] [/size]

[size=4]Garry[/size]

Not a tribute band, but I do quite like the Red Hot Chili Pipers.

On the subject on names that haven't been used yet, we always figured a folk tribute to Duran Duran could be called Bodhran Bodhran.

I did recently drive past a venue offering a Bon Jovi tribute band for the forthcoming weekend, who were called Bon Jovie. Rubbish attempt.

Just been looking at this local to me venue gig list and some crackers coming up there:
The Beached Boys,
Food Fighterz,
Guns or Roses,
Small Fakers,
The Rollin' Stoned

[url="http://www.tropicatruislip.co.uk/gigs/gigsandprices.htm"]http://www.tropicatruislip.co.uk/gigs/gigsandprices.htm[/url]