Why become a member? ×

Looking for Markbass voltage jumpers

Oh Grand Wizards of the PCB boards,

I have left London a few months back for the US.
I'm trying to convert my Markbass MB1000 from 220v to 110v.
I understand the trick with the jumpers, and I have located the where it needs to go.
The problem is: I don't have any such jumpers and I don't know where to find them.
The closest thing I have found is this: http://www.macpalace.com/922-5249-cable-jumper-110v-selector-analog-board.html

So expensive!!! and not sure they will fit.

Question: where can I get jumpers??????

Are they the same jumpers used in hard drives and PC motherboards? If so try a local computer shop, they cost pennies and will probably give you one for nowt. Also, if you have an old PC lying around, try taking the jumper out of the hard drive and it will probably still work fine depending on the setup - you won't do any damage trying as long as you do it when powered off!

I'd be stunned if the voltage ran through them, I'd assume they were a control switch.

And I could be wrong about the size, it was a few years ago. Is there not a jumper on there? IIRC (again), I didn't have to add a jumper, I just moved the existing one.

FOUND IT !!!! They are called [color=#0000cd]5.08mm pitch connectors / 2-pin[/color].
http://www.ebay.com/itm/300929427722?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

I wish my amp had come with two of these. But, it didn't. $5.5 to this guy in China + a bit of soldering should do the trick.

[quote name='BassPimp66' timestamp='1373252862' post='2135297']
FOUND IT !!!! They are called [color=#0000cd]5.08mm pitch connectors / 2-pin[/color].
http://www.ebay.com/itm/300929427722?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

I wish my amp had come with two of these. But, it didn't. $5.5 to this guy in China + a bit of soldering should do the trick.
[/quote]

A bit late in the day now, but I believe those are copies of the KK series MOLEX connectors.

They're really designed to be crimped so be careful not to overdo the solder on them or you'll struggle like hell to get the insert into the housing.

[quote name='icastle' timestamp='1373489714' post='2138306']
A bit late in the day now, but I believe those are copies of the KK series MOLEX connectors.

They're really designed to be crimped so be careful not to overdo the solder on them or you'll struggle like hell to get the insert into the housing.
[/quote]

Yup, I got the Chinese knock-offs! :o Molex gear looks great though!
My soldering iron is smoking in anticipation... :gas:
[size=4] [/size]
[size=4] [/size]