Why become a member? ×

2013 Squier Vintage Modified Bass VI

Ruiner

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

[quote name='Casablancas' timestamp='1463814090' post='3054203']
Sure, thank you. But do you know of any online shop where I can get it for a good price?
[/quote]

Sorry, I misunderstood what you were asking.

For price I would need to google etc. but in the UK I'd be expecting to pay probably £40-£50 I guess.

• 1 month later...

You MIGHT get it in if you used the jack socket hole for one of the controls, but you'd need to bore a hole for a side entry jack, and I suspect you'd need to get a craftsman to install a battery box in the back of the bass as that would involve the removal of a fair amount of wood, then there's the wiring to the stereo out socket........

Mmmmm.

Personally, I plug into an MXR 80 outboard pre.

G.

Edited by geoffbyrne

[quote name='geoffbyrne' timestamp='1467891950' post='3087055']
You MIGHT get it in if you used the jack socket hole for one of the controls, but you'd need to bore a hole for a side entry jack, and I suspect you'd need to get a craftsman to install a battery box in the back of the bass as that would involve the removal of a fair amount of wood, then there's the wiring to the stereo out socket........

Mmmmm.

Personally, I plug into an MXR 80 outboard pre.

G.
[/quote]

Even then I doubt it would fit. The Darkglass unit is three tone controls and requires you to keep the original volume control, plus you need to find room for the pre-amp block and a battery.

As I keep saying what's wrong with the controls on your amp? The ones on mine do everything I need to compliment the sound from the Bass VI.