Why become a member? ×

2013 Squier Vintage Modified Bass VI

Ruiner

There is a good chance i will be ordering one of these on Monday morning. If my local guitar shop does not have one or getting them for a while i will phone around and track one down.

Now it's time to choose between white and sunburst.

If the pickups are not brilliant what would be a suitable replacement?

Yeah my guitarist just bought one of these from GAK, he expects it to arrive tomorrow, he also has a CAR Pawn Shop Bass VI so will definately be interesting.

I was all up for buying his Pawn Shop model but damn it's hard with these coming in at less than half price

Had a chance to buy a jap one a few years back previous to them reissuing their reissues - So glad I didn't bite the bullet as it was so costly due to it being a rarity. Now I have a choice. I think I'd like a white one and consider getting it painted surf green with matching headstock

[quote name='Stu-khag' timestamp='1373899459' post='2142840']
Had a chance to buy a jap one a few years back previous to them reissuing their reissues - So glad I didn't bite the bullet as it was so costly due to it being a rarity. Now I have a choice. I think I'd like a white one and consider getting it painted surf green with matching headstock
[/quote]
The MIJ Bass VI was not the cost it was because of it's rarity.

If anybody is serious and wants one soon then start calling places tomorrow since it looks like they will not be hitting the UK again for 6 to 8 weeks.

The VM Bass VI has proven very popular, more so that first thought so even then supplies may be limited.

[quote name='dwh87' timestamp='1373906619' post='2142979']
The VM Bass VI has proven very popular, more so that first thought so even then supplies may be limited.
[/quote]
They haven't proved more popular than anyone who has followed the Offset Guitar Forum or various Surf Guitar forums thought i can assure you. These forums have been actively campaigning for a Squier version of the Bass VI for the last couple of years. The initial release of these were always going to sell out immediately.

[quote name='dwh87' timestamp='1373906619' post='2142979']
If anybody is serious and wants one soon then start calling places tomorrow since it looks like they will not be hitting the UK again for 6 to 8 weeks.

[/quote]
Hmmm ... 6-8 weeks ... just in time for the first second hand models perhaps ...

[quote name='EssentialTension' timestamp='1373908679' post='2143017']
Hmmm ... 6-8 weeks ... just in time for the first second hand models perhaps ...
[/quote]
I think you could be right.

Apart form those who have really been longing for a Squier version most of the people buying them (if what's on most forums is anything to go by) seems to be by those who seem to be curious and with the attitude of 'well they're cheap so if i get fed up with it i'll sell it and won't lose anything'.

Pawn Shop ones are cropping up used so there could well be a good few Squier versions on the used market soon.

[quote name='dwh87' timestamp='1374255150' post='2146977']
Getting a sunburst, could be anything between two and five weeks. Wish i didn't wait and just got bought one last week.
[/quote]
You want a sunburst, and you're in Cornwall? You, mate, are in luck: just get yourself down to Mansons:
http://www.mansons.co.uk/product/squier-vintage-modified-bass-vi-rosewood-fretboard-3-tone-sunburst-5672

Sadly, the rest of us who want a white one have to wait.

[quote name='mart' timestamp='1374267074' post='2147132']

You want a sunburst, and you're in Cornwall? You, mate, are in luck: just get yourself down to Mansons:
http://www.mansons.co.uk/product/squier-vintage-modified-bass-vi-rosewood-fretboard-3-tone-sunburst-5672

Sadly, the rest of us who want a white one have to wait.
[/quote]

Very tempting. I have one on order with my local shop but a little trip to Exeter could he fun.

I actually had my hand on my wallet to order one - pref. sunburst, although I'd like to see a white one with a white pickguard - when I suffered a hefty unforseen expense, so I'll have to wait 2 or 3 months till things build up again. :(

G.

Edited by geoffbyrne