Why become a member? ×

TC bh500 offer second. Cab

afterimage

I like it a lot. It's flexible, has character and I feel that with its mids, it will punch through in the mix. Flexible amp with IMO very nice SpectraComp and tube tone option. I'll probably buy one this year. Have only heard one configuration though, probably the 210.

best,
bert

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i use to have a bh500 and 2x bc212 cabs. the rig is loud and it will mix well in band situation. you can add another 2x12 as well to make it 6x12 rig. i tried that setup and is overkill for what i play and the venue as well. i sold the amp and one cab because i'm downsizing otherwise the rig is a killer for the price and is light as well.

I looked at these deals a year or more ago and tried the various cab combinations. Seemed like a very good value for money deal - not sure of the current prices/deals though.
My preference was for 2 x 210's, although I ended up buying something completely different.

Recently got my grubby mits on that offer too, but with 2 410s gotta say markedly impressed with the cabs, very nice and can go damn loud! The head itself is very flexible and very tweakable, but simple too. Only down side, no footswitch option for the pre sets.

One thing I'm trying to get my head around... The head is a 4ohm but it is advertised, and indeed does work with, a pair of 4ohm cabs. Which means it puts out, theoretically, 1kw. It does appear to be doubly as loud when going from 1 to a pair. Going from 6 to 3 on the master volume during rehearsal. Just wondering what hocus pocus is being performed in side that head :P

I got the 210 and 212. The 212 is still sat in the garage in it's box until I get my hands on a couple of extra speakOn connectors.

As it is I can't get above 2 on the master for fear of blowing out the windows in my lounge. By the way is it possible to blow out the windows with a bass amp?

Can't wait to do my first rehearsal with this. I've just switched from guitar to bass and am loving it. Joining a hair metal band although the only one with much hair seems to be the lead singer. Who is female.