Why become a member? ×

Lakland Duck Dunn active Hanson Pre SOLD
£550

peety

As stated in the title this is a Lakland Duck Dunn which has had a Hanson active Pre amp fitted, bought off here from Lloyd the bass is immaculate and has a great range of tones, can be used either in active or passive mode, unfortunately me and active basses just don't get on and while i could just use it in passive mode that seems a waste. Tried to get some more info about the active circuit from Lloyd all we are sure of is that it is Laklands own and was fitted prior to him buying the bass.

Bass is in Candy apple red, has the lakland hanson pick ups Rosewood board with binding and blocks and as usual with Laklands is finished superbly,

Am open to trades on any of the following, passive duck dunn without the upgrade, jazz bass fender or clone thereof especially interested in Roadworn jazz, series, will also consider another P bass in short i'm fairly flexible so try me, only stipulation is must be 4 string and passive may be prepared to add some cash for the right bass, trade value is £550.

Due to the fact i want to but Mooshs roadworn jazz i will reduce the sale price on this to[b] £500[/b] posted while that is still available, trade value is still[b] £550, hope that makes sense [/b]

Any questions let me know

Cheers Steve

[attachment=138030:duck dunn.JPG] [attachment=138031:duck dunn 3.JPG]

Edited by peety

See, here I am Steve, minding my own business, wondering if Bass Gear are going to realise their green Joe Osborne is £100 overpriced. Wondering when they will reduce it for me to buy.
THEN YOU COME ALONG, with one of my old flames (before Lloyd took her, the homewrecker :D ).
This is a fabulous bass folks, power and tone and a jazz neck.
Hurry up and get it bought bump!

I've had 3 of these in the past, all fantastic and nothing to chose between them. I really wish I had something to offer for this.
My current bass (started out as a Squier CVP) has been modded based on my past experiences with the Duck Dunn, but still no match for the real thing.

Good luck with the sale Steve, not that you need it.

Hi Steve.
Things are ok. The gigs arent as forthcoming as they used to be but we are ticking over.
I know what you mean about the active thing. I had a P-retro in my bass at the beginning of the year. Fantastic tones but i just felt it wasn't for me. I think the fact that i had so much choice complicated things a bit. I was always fiddling with it on stage and this sort of distracted me. Im back to passive now and much prefer it.
Ive seen an active DD come up before, im not sure if this is the same one.
If i had the cash id have this. Its no issue to take the pre amp out. I's also put my Fralin in it.

Someone going to get a fantastic bass.

I'm very tempted by this!

Is it the this one, does anyone know? http://basschat.co.uk/topic/139408-help-required-lakland-p-mystery/page__p__1260792__hl__duck%20dunn__fromsearch__1#entry1260792

Had a search round for info on active DDs and that's the only one I can find.

Yes it is. It went from bassatnight to Clive H, to me, to Lloyd to Peety. Me, Lloyd and Peety are renowned gear changing tarts, I had a year of pestering Clive to get it but it ended up going for the next MUST HAVE.
The volume control is down/active, pull out passive. Super bass so bloody hurry up and buy it. My recently imposed 2 basses only rule is struggling :P

[quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1372891304' post='2131422']
Yes it is. It went from bassatnight to Clive H, to me, to Lloyd to Peety. Me, Lloyd and Peety are renowned gear changing tarts, I had a year of pestering Clive to get it but it ended up going for the next MUST HAVE.
The volume control is down/active, pull out passive. Super bass so bloody hurry up and buy it. My recently imposed 2 basses only rule is struggling :P
[/quote]

Ha ha! It is very very tempting indeed!

I'm gonna sleep on it but you may get a PM early tomorrow peety!

Go on steve you know you want it haha , it is a great bass to be honest the problem for me is that i really prefer passive basses so if it's not gone by the end of the weekend i'll probably withdraw it and have it returned to passive only,

Cheers steve