Why become a member? ×

3 note bassist wanted - West Midlands

erictheweary

Hello.Nice to be popping my head back around the door of Basschat

This is a starter upper rather than a going concern but there is a fair bit of gigging experience between us, albeit doing slightly different things. The project here is good ol' British RnB - Dr Feelgood,Nine Below Zero and stuff that sits well with that from Chicago blues to the Yardbirds to The Clash to The Hives - so, yes, it is a bunch of middle aged blokes playing the blues but no Red House or Black Magic Woman or 20 minute guitar solos, the idea here is something more energetic, think dirty suits* and gritty harmonica.

Simply aiming for one or two pub gigs a month, rehearsals expected to be in Walsall,we are easy going and anyone considered. Backing vocals always an advantage but we'd be happy with give it a go shouty stuff(or, indeed, the classic silent, stoical bass player if you prefer).

Barring the random chance you happen to be my next door neighbour(in which case mow the front lawn FFS)you will need your own transport and a bass at least. 3 notes needed to keep up with my 3 chords!

Cheers

*optional!

[quote name='erictheweary' timestamp='1372686922' post='2128540']
..and not the journey from France then?
[/quote]

Japan, Stockholm, Madison Square Gardens, West Midlands... All much of a muchness for gigging pros, you know. Shame about them there notes, though... :mellow:

Took me ages to work out how to log in on the mobile site and actually it is dead easy. Doh.
Nibody (ok, the rest of the thread disappears when doing a reply on the mobile site so hoping I spelled that right)if you are interested I can happily answer a PM.
Getting some interest on JMB but many people don't like a new band starting up, which I get but it makes life hard...