Why become a member? ×

Gone
£115

ash

I have two of these and I think they're great! Most of the time I only need to use one (4 piece blues band; pubs and small clubs) and use two only on very special occasions (outdoors, big halls etc).

I wouldn't worry about the tweeter, I think they're bright enough without and I use mine turned off. These are really well built chunky bits of kit and they come with a little kickback stand on the bottom which helps with boomy rooms and hollow stages.

Well worth it for the money! GLWTS

Truckstop

[quote name='Truckstop' timestamp='1372435866' post='2125786']
I have two of these and I think they're great! Most of the time I only need to use one (4 piece blues band; pubs and small clubs) and use two only on very special occasions (outdoors, big halls etc).

I wouldn't worry about the tweeter, I think they're bright enough without and I use mine turned off. These are really well built chunky bits of kit and they come with a little kickback stand on the bottom which helps with boomy rooms and hollow stages.

Well worth it for the money! GLWTS

Truckstop
[/quote]

Thanks for the comments, yep nice amps and loud for the size. Had some enquiries, posting would be expensive but if you can find a cheap courier and are willing to work around my busy schedule anything is possible!

nice combo!, i would buy it if you were closer, but i'm down in devon!!!
i've had a bad experience with courier services in the past, (brought
a speaker cab had it couriered down and turned up with a broken speaker)!!!

I can't believe this hasn't gone yet. This is less than I paid for both of mine and it comes with a cover!

These sound great, are perfect for pubs and small venues and extremely versatile. Got a post-EQ DI out and a speaker out for an external 8ohm cab. Yeah, they're chunky, but it's still a one hand lift and ridiculously compact.

Come on people!

Alex

[quote name='Truckstop' timestamp='1374411527' post='2148419']
I can't believe this hasn't gone yet. This is less than I paid for both of mine and it comes with a cover!

These sound great, are perfect for pubs and small venues and extremely versatile. Got a post-EQ DI out and a speaker out for an external 8ohm cab. Yeah, they're chunky, but it's still a one hand lift and ridiculously compact.

Come on people!

Alex
[/quote]

Thanks Alex - yes I think this is a very fair price for this quality of amp.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Truckstop' timestamp='1374411527' post='2148419']

Come on people!

Alex
[/quote]

Do you use one as the extension cab for the other?

I have one as my 'small rig' and am very tempted by a 2nd...

[quote name='pantherairsoft' timestamp='1375472844' post='2162049']

Do you use one as the extension cab for the other?

I have one as my 'small rig' and am very tempted by a 2nd...
[/quote]

In a manner of speaking.
I send the signal out of the 1st one (tuner out) into the effects return of the 2nd so I can control the volume of each combo using the effects blend. However, you cannot adjust the EQ of the 2nd combo. I've experimented with putting my effects chain inbetween the combos and that sounds sick! Sort of like having a really tiny bi-amp rig; one amp with all the effects and another clean.

I tell you though, two together is a monstrous sound. Very very loud; much louder than I'd thought possible. Most of the time I use one as the backline and just use the other as a personal monitor. I have an amp stand to point it at my ears.

Truckstop