Why become a member? ×

TecAmp - Where are they?

AKAK

I'm really pleased with it so far . I haven't had a chance to use it with a band yet but that should be rectified next week ( been busy at work ).

Sound wise , its great flat with a slight upper mid boost quite similar to a MB F1 and with the taste control slightly to the right ( rich) it produces a lovely deep tone yet still retains all the detail.
It does seem to have a steep high pass filter reducing extreme lows , not necessarily a bad thing .Its also extremely fast like most class d amps.

Yes its certainly powerful , not in the same league as my TC Blacksmith , but as a back up that fits in my gig bag its brilliant.

I bought a GB shuttlemax 9.2 earlier this year and sold it quickly , i know everybody rates these highly but not my cup of tea.
I also owned an EBS 660 , great amp but the puma is a fraction of the size with more power , similar quality tone . Half the price new !!

Owned various rigs over the years , Trace ,Eden ampeg pro4 ,MB FI, LMII,Ashdown ( caught fire after half an hour ).
The Puma will definitely be staying along with the Blacksmith not to mention my gen.2 Barefaced big babies. ( probably order a gen 3 big twin soon )

Hope thats useful,

Roger.

[quote name='k50' timestamp='1383162183' post='2261100']
I'm really pleased with it so far . I haven't had a chance to use it with a band yet but that should be rectified next week ( been busy at work ).

Sound wise , its great flat with a slight upper mid boost quite similar to a MB F1 and with the taste control slightly to the right ( rich) it produces a lovely deep tone yet still retains all the detail.
It does seem to have a steep high pass filter reducing extreme lows , not necessarily a bad thing .Its also extremely fast like most class d amps.

Yes its certainly powerful , not in the same league as my TC Blacksmith , but as a back up that fits in my gig bag its brilliant.

I bought a GB shuttlemax 9.2 earlier this year and sold it quickly , i know everybody rates these highly but not my cup of tea.
I also owned an EBS 660 , great amp but the puma is a fraction of the size with more power , similar quality tone . Half the price new !!

Owned various rigs over the years , Trace ,Eden ampeg pro4 ,MB FI, LMII,Ashdown ( caught fire after half an hour ).
The Puma will definitely be staying along with the Blacksmith not to mention my gen.2 Barefaced big babies. ( probably order a gen 3 big twin soon )

Hope thats useful,

Roger.
[/quote] how do you find the puma and the barefaced go together?

They work well together but I'll know more once I start playing again . The mp3 and headphones are really useful , built in tuner/mute switch would be the icing on the cake .
I had been using a cheaper lead and lighter strings but switching to my normal gauge plus evidence audio cable did make a massive improvement .
Certainty reiterates the point of using top class instruments and amps and using mediocre leads .

• 1 year later...
Guest monsterthompson

not to take away from this site, but there is lots of love and discussion surrounding the TecAmp gear on the TalkBass forum, including a huge dedicated thread to their gear. I had a Puma 900 and a Jag 900; each was quite nice. There are a fair number of youtube video reviews of their products, too.

• 2 weeks later...

First time I see this. Sorry...

We are finally working on the issue with shops in the UK.
I am the sales dir for TecAmp Benelux and working on it as we speak.
If you have any questions please send a pm or to my e-mail address peterpaul @ tecamp.de

Edited by pepe1001

[quote name='Oldman' timestamp='1375884252' post='2166909']
One of the problem is its all RRP, TecAmp dictate the selling price, discount at your peril and your pocket.
[/quote] If that is true them Tecamp are breaking the law. Once you sell on a product you cannot dictate its selling price and you cannot take sanctions against a desler or agent for any reason other than non payment of goods..

doctor bass in Spain has some Blackface (Neo) cabs in at a discount and Session Music still seem to be selling "B" stock Neo at a discount.

That flies in the face of my initial post regarding discount.

I like Tecamp kit ;)

http://www.doctorbass.net/en/c/?iddoc=1005172722&idsec=4

http://www.session.de/index.php?force_sid=1531c5ac144d39b51c705192efe69df4&listorderby=oxvarminprice&listorder=desc&?force_sid=1531c5ac144d39b51c705192efe69df4&cl=search&searchparam=Tecamp

Edited by Oldman