Why become a member? ×

First Gig coming up, what shall I wear other than clean pants

basskit_case

I have my first gig of sorts coming up next Saturday, but I am at a loss as to what I should wear.

It is in my ex-bosses large garden, there is normally approx, 100 people invited to an all day/evening garden party/bbq.

We are essentially playing Queen tunes so I am J Deacon, what should I wear other than clean pants and a smile?

Should I go with something Deacon'esque or something suitable generic, as a fat lad I fear the small yellow shorts are out :(

Edited by basskit_case

[quote name='xgsjx' timestamp='1371975535' post='2120137']
Wear whatever you feel comfortable in & if that's a bomber jacket, a pair of wellies & a G string, then so be it. :)
[/quote]

I tend to chill out around the house in that sort of outfit, difficult to see it as stage wear :-D

I would say that a Live Aid - era Jonh Deacon perm is [u]mandatory[/u] . Why do people remember Queen as the best act on that fateful day ? Some would say Freddie's stage prescence . others would say a back catalogue of hits spanning over a decade , but the real reason is John Deacon having the balls of steel neccesarry to face an audience of billions with a coiffeur right out of The Hair Bear Bunch :

Don't forget to post pictures on this site of the results !

And as for the tight yellow shorts , I ( almost ) guarantee you will be fighting the ladies off with a stick if you wear them - the tighter the better :

;)

Edited by Dingus

[quote name='steve-bbb' timestamp='1372016566' post='2120731']

[/quote]

Not sure if this is posted as a joke but I did at least 10yrs of gigs dressed like this :P

At OP, there are no winners in a scenario that involves wearing 80s yellow shorts. Keep it simple