Left leaderboard
Sign in to follow this  
Old Horse Murphy

TRADED: Stingray Classic 5 String plus MM Case: TRADED
£1300

For sale is a recently acquired Stingray Classic 5 String. This is with a very heavy heart indeed but needs must :(

I've just landed a couple of new gigs that don't require a 5 string bass (of which I am desperately struggling due to an old war wound) so it's last in first out sadly.

This is a spotless May 2010 MM Classic Series in Tobacco Burst and the most comfortable beautiful honey-coloured lacquered birdseye maple neck.

The 2eq electrics are wonderful and I can easily see why people prefer this set up to the 3eq system.

It's just been strung with a set of D'Addario 40-125 Nickels. It has been set up with a lovely low action

The MM Case is also included and is in great working order with a few minor scuffs but is in decent condition.

Weight-wise the bass is a tiny bit over 10lbs at a guess, but you wouldn't notice it as it balances superbly.

This is the best Musicman I have owned and these Classic Series instruments are something special. They sound wonderful too.

I am looking for £1,300 for it or would consider trades for a mint condition recent Rickenbacker 4003 or 4001V63.

I'd also consider a Musicman Classic Series 4 string Stingray or an unlined fretless Ray worth up to £750 plus cash my way. Please don't offer anything else as I am quite specific on what I want :)

Thanks for looking :)

Edited by Old Horse Murphy

I have something that would suit you Nick but I'm resisting....I've been down the 5 route 4 times and it's never worked out for me. All the same have a bump mate for a particularly fine looking MM

This looks like it was mine. If so it was one of the first Classic 5's in the UK as I pre-ordered it.

[quote name='martthebass' timestamp='1371582389' post='2115902']
I have something that would suit you Nick but I'm resisting....I've been down the 5 route 4 times and it's never worked out for me. All the same have a bump mate for a particularly fine looking MM
[/quote]

You're such a tease Mart :)

Seriously, if you get a chance to play one of these I think you'll be astounded just how easy they play.

Very sexy bass! Have a bump on me.

I have one exactly like this is new with 4 strings with birdseye neck and I am thinking to sell too because is not the sound I am looking for. Anyway these are great basses!

Edited by ovialexm1

If i hadn't just bought a Smith i'd be all over this one, i'm GASing for one for too long and this is the exact colour scheme i want! Sadly i don't have anything in the 4-string department to offer you as trade...

Good luck finding a good owner for it that will keep it nice and safe and will sell it to me a few months from now ;)

Thanks Ian.

I keep wavering between keeping this one and letting it go. I think if there's any doubt in my mind, then I need to let it go (if only it wasn't 5 strings!)

I'm really looking for trades on this one and top of the list is a Stingray Classic 4 string as a direct trade. Would definitely consider a fretless stingray 4 plus cash my way or a Ric 4003 too. I'm going to hold out on other trade offers for one of the basses I've listed.

So, I'm giving away an extra string for free :)

Edited by Old Horse Murphy

[quote name='icastle' timestamp='1371894633' post='2119211']
Bump - Stingray Classic 5 String plus MM Case - Reopened
[/quote]
No close it again!!!!! :lol: