Why become a member? ×

83 SQUIER JV PRECISION
£850

ingmar808

SOLD!!! 1983 SQUIER JV PRECISION, inc case and UK delivery: £850 SOLD!!!

One owner (me) since new... I've had this JV for thirty years, but it's time to sell before I get too sentimental about it.

Bass is all original except for the knobs, and is in very good gigged condition i.e. a few dings and dents, but nothing horrific.

It saw a fair bit of action during the first years of its life, and has been semi-retired for the past twenty years, with just occasional studio use.

Frets are all good, and the neck colour has aged nicely. I'm not a meddler, and the bass has not been tampered with in any way – just the occasional polish and some lemon oil on the board. Everything is really solid – bridge, reverse tuners, even the input jack, and the pickguard has never been removed.

Price includes a new Rochester case, lightweight but solid, and registered, insured delivery to any UK / Ireland address.

EDIT: Weight is 9lbs 1oz

Edited by ingmar808

[quote name='gareth' timestamp='1371483091' post='2114400']
very nice - how much does it weigh please?
[/quote] I think it's kinda medium / average i.e. neither particularly light nor super-heavy. I'll weigh it tomorrow and have a proper answer for you.

Really lovely looking bass - I couldn't bear selling it after 30 years :blush: but you must have your reasons.
Purely out of interest do you have any paperwork/receipt from original purchase?
Should be a sound investment, (pun intended) B)

GLWTS,
John

• 1 month later...

SOLD to Jamondrums!

As suggested by previous posters, I dithered and dallied about actually selling this beauty - but Jamon was really keen, offered asking, and the bass is obviously going to a good home. It has served me well, and 'tis time to move on!