Why become a member? ×

How did you discover Basschat?

ped

Rich bought my SWR Triad cab when I lived in Plymouth and recommended I check out Bassworld. The remaining 10 years have been a blur. But Rich also recommended I get an Akai SB1 when they were still 90 quid. So not all bad.

Another bassworld refugee here though I didn't post much, must have been there for maybe the last couple of years before it folded. I have no idea how I found the original bassworld, may have been googling for something bassy for sale secondhand. Would be interested if someone can post the dates of which site was active from when, I lose track how long I've been in here looking for the exit ;)

I was looking to sell my vintage EBO and somehow found BC. Sold it to a non BCer but got a lot of support/recommendations from members and have been in ever since with hardly a browsless day going by.

Not so sure about TB BG side, which doesn't seem to me universally loved here, but I find the DB side very good with some top musicians and erudite* posters.

[i]*Clue: I think it's an industrial adhesive.[/i]

Came here looking for advice about what bass to buy (after a 10 year hiatus of not owning one). Got some great feedback. Bought a pedal from someone in the marketplace. Was told to learn notation by Bilbo (who isn't? :P). Found everyone to be a very friendly and genuine bunch... and that was that. Me = happily hooked!

Found bassworld via a google search for bass+forum. Lurked there on and off for a couple of years then it disappeared (i still don't know why). Tried Talkbass for a while, but never really got on with it, then googled bass+forum+uk and up pops basschat. When I realised it was the old guys under a new moniker It made my day. Still don't say much, but I love it here.

I really don't remember the specifics, but I recall I was fed up with the pervading attitude on TB. I visited both for a good while, but then became BC centric. I look at TB occasionally, but BC is my main daily forum squeeze.

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1371237616' post='2111701']
I honestly can't remember. Can we have an option for... ...an option for... ...

...what did I come in here for again? :huh:
[/quote]

Genuinely this.

I can't bloody remember at all how I found this site/forum.

[quote name='icastle' timestamp='1371243390' post='2111790']
I was shopping for a new rig at the time - everything I Googled had a link back here so I came, I saw, I stayed... :)[size=4][/quote][/size]
[size=4]...and now a horrible addiction compels you. [/size] :shok:

Edited by discreet