Why become a member? ×

Where has David Eden gone in the UK?

far0n

Was looking to get a couple of D210XSTs when I'm incredibly rich n stupid, so looked them up online and realised that virtually nobody keeps David Eden stuff. Of all the stuff I've tried, the cabs are the best I've heard. The 4 ohm 410XLT I had was an absolutely monster of a cab, shame it weighed 6 tonnes like. :) I noticed even Thomann seem to have stopped keeping Eden stuff apart from a few cheap bits. :(

[quote name='Lozz196' timestamp='1371061736' post='2109398']
Try Marshall, who`ve bought out Eden, they may be able to advise of UK stockists.
[/quote]

Have they now ? Interesting, I didn't know that ! I wonder if production is moving to the UK then ?

[quote name='Mr. Foxen' timestamp='1371063851' post='2109439']
Eden is the maker, David is the product line, because they were competing with SWR's Goliath range. So they're Eden David cabs.
[/quote]

Just been reading a post on Talkbass about the whole issue and a lot of the Yanks are pretty scathing about recent Eden quality. Would be nice if the high-end products were made in the UK for the European market.

[quote name='far0n' timestamp='1371064085' post='2109441']
Just been reading a post on Talkbass about the whole issue and a lot of the Yanks are pretty scathing about recent Eden quality. Would be nice if the high-end products were made in the UK for the European market.
[/quote]

Thing is, yanks idea of quality tends to be entirely based on the name badge and the made in band, with total disregard to any actual qualities of the item.

[quote name='Mr. Foxen' timestamp='1371065923' post='2109466']
Thing is, yanks idea of quality tends to be entirely based on the name badge and the made in band, with total disregard to any actual qualities of the item.
[/quote]
Says the man judging a huge swathe of people by their nationality rather than any actual qualities of individuals. ;)

[quote name='Beer of the Bass' timestamp='1371066407' post='2109479']
Says the man judging a huge swathe of people by their nationality rather than any actual qualities of individuals. ;)
[/quote]

*culture. From dealing with said individuals professionally.

Edited by Mr. Foxen

[quote name='Mr. Foxen' timestamp='1371063851' post='2109439']
Eden is the maker, David is the product line, because they were competing with SWR's Goliath range. So they're Eden David cabs.
[/quote]

The man that designed them was called David , too , but his last name wasn't Eden .

I saw a picture of the main Eden guy and was surprised that he is missing a hand . He has a mechanical grasping "hook". Now that Marshall have Eden the Marshall MB450H 450 watt amp head seems to be out of stock in several internet stores. Is Marshall coming out with a new amp ? I like my Marshall .

I've been to trade shows where Marshal have had Eden on display. . .

Buried away in a corner, nothing plugged in or able to be tried out. No product demonstrations or even a salesperson capable of talking about them.

If this is how they treat the brand in front of dealers you have to wonder what the quality control of manufacture is like :(

Got a reply from the Marshall page on Facebook.....

[i]Hey Faron. We're in the midst of getting Eden out to as many dealers as possible, but for the time being if there's a particular unit you know you want, you can go into any Marshall dealer and order one direct from them. For more info on Eden, we'd recommend you drop us an email to [email protected] and we'll ensure your query is passed onto our UK Eden department.[/i]

Apparently there were boardroom disagreements and David Nordschow left Eden. Then, over a period of years, they seemed to run the company into the ground.

It looks like Marshall have had to restart Eden from scratch. To do a project like that takes time.

Eden was a fantastic brand. I hope Marshall take their time and get it right.

Edited by chris_b

Eden was purchased by US Music in about 2002, David Nordschow left a year or so later as he disagreed with US Music trying to shift production to China - you could almsot view it a bit like the GIbson effect on Trace Elliot.
David Nordschow now has his DNA line; Marshall bought Eden last year and I have seen rumours that David is back working in a consultant role for Eden. If that's true I don't know what will happen to the DNA cabs.
Certainly hope Marshall bring them back properly, I do like their cabs and still rate the WT550 as the best SS amp I have ever heard. To be fair I think their "clasic" preamp was developed by James Demeter though, wasn't it?

[quote name='Beer of the Bass' timestamp='1371066407' post='2109479']
[/quote]

......LMAO !!!!......people are people regardless of nationality, creed, race, whatever....we ALL do the same stuff ! ;-)

• 2 months later...

Mansons Guitar Shop in Exeter stock and sell Eden but I wouldn't bother looking on their website as its still being developed. best to give them a call for prices. I did go looking for a nice 4x10 eden cab but all the shops I went to in and around London said they had stopped selling EDEN and one said it was down to some commercial dispute with marshalls. Anyway, I think marshall are being picky about who sells there products and are taking their time relaunching EDEN.

GAK in Brighton also have 0ne 4x10 cab