Why become a member? ×

What tunes have you been learning today?

gary mac

today I have been doing some old school stuff that I used to play years ago
great fun to learn again
streetwalkers
me and me horse and me rum
toenail draggin
run for cover
crazy charade all from the live album
and some roachford

all good stuff

• 3 weeks later...

Omg, just been enlightened to the arthritic delights of shake a tail feather. Been requested for a wedding we're doing in just over a month. I'll need all my time for it me thinks. Still undecided if I start the first bar on the a string or up at the 10th on e. It's like deciding on which nipple you want twisted.

Tonight's gig was cancelled as the venue double booked, doubt we'll go back as apparently they got a bit arsey with the singer when he called about it.

So instead, I've been trying to learn The Grudge by Tool, not an easy one. I think, though I'm not sure a delay pedal would help.

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='Graham' timestamp='1400367909' post='2453318']
Tonight's gig was cancelled as the venue double booked, doubt we'll go back as apparently they got a bit arsey with the singer when he called about it.

So instead, I've been trying to learn The Grudge by Tool, not an easy one. I think, though I'm not sure a delay pedal would help.
[/quote]

The Grudge - Yeah been there, still trying to nail it. It's a bit of a tinker to say the least! I keep reverting back to The Pot. So much fun to play!

I'm trying out Lonely Boy by The Black Keys by playing up the neck past the 12th fret and chucking on loads of OD on my dirty channel. Just need a delay pedal for the slapback echo and a Boss Harmonist pedal for the opening octave-down divebomb and I'll be sorted ;-) the glissando down from E (12th fret to open E) is a bit of a pig, otherwise sounds OK.

Next on my list is Rock Your Body by Justin Timberlake, as I think that gets really funky :-)

Right guys, I want some honest feedback. This is the first mix of our demo (we're a function band wanting to cash in on the lucrative wedding game) we've managed to wing a wedding gig in two weeks due to a friend of a friend being in dire straits. I've rained my playing for this but kinda wish I hadn't but then again, it's about the whole thing, not me wanting to be jaco lol. Anyway, everything recorded with my SB-2 di'd through my lh500 with an ibanez pd7 on runaway baby. Let me know what you think, can we cut it?

http://yourlisten.com/stubass/#uploads

[size=5]The Teardrop Explodes Treason[/size]....never has a band been so well named ;) erm, a err interesting history...that boy Julian's a bit of a lad...

Heard this on the radio and had a to have a noodle on this old gem when I got home, the bass is quite upfront in the mix...I find all the notes I need around B minor.

a live version...

http://youtu.be/q-fSCXE80eU

We're replacing some of our Beatles covers with different Beatles covers, so out go:
Can't Buy Me Love
I want to hold your hand
In come:
I should have known better
Things We Said Today

Also looking at adding:
Squeeze Box by The Who
Hotel California

Really also hoping to add:
Brick House
Play That Funky Music
School's Out

[quote name='stubass' timestamp='1402264058' post='2471568']
Right guys, I want some honest feedback. This is the first mix of our demo (we're a function band wanting to cash in on the lucrative wedding game) ..................................................
[/quote]

Stubass if you want to start a thread in the "Share your music" forum then I will let you know what I thought, as this probably isn't the right place to do it.

Mike