Why become a member? ×

Rickenbacker customer service

cloudburst

I have longed for a Rickenbacker since before I even played the bass , but I too can't play them . That neck with no taper whatsoever is so alien to me as someone raised on Fenders , and the strings hit the pickup pole pieces . Maybe a 4004 would suit me better .

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' timestamp='1370455864' post='2101272']
I have constant gas for a ric, always have had, right up to the point I pick one up! The gas goes for a week or two then returns again, my lack of interest in none fivers has kept it at bay for a good while now though :)
[/quote]

You'd like my new toy then. :D

[quote name='gsgbass' timestamp='1370477018' post='2101729']
The dude should have taken the two screws he needed, and went on his way. The screws he mentioned, just don't fall out either.
[/quote]

Quite likely, gsgbass.

But Hall's taking to the Internet to call the customer a liar... Well, it's not exactly best practice.

I find it somewhat unbelievable that Hall would be sat listening to that call, with it on speaker phone and available to all on the second floor. Nothing wrong with managers checking in on customer interactions, but the scenario is bizarre.

Could happen - just fortuitous... And I shouldn't be such a grump :lol:

What is this new toy, Rich?

He should take lessons from those nice people at Hiscox cases. I recently bought one, but my Warwick was just a bit too small and rattled around in it. I mailed Hiscox support, and within 10 minutes someone called me on my mobile. He took the details and asked me to leave it with him. Two days later, four pads dropped through my door - and they were even the right colour match for the case lining. No charge - not even for the postage.

[quote name='GregBass' timestamp='1370515427' post='2102003']
He should take lessons from those nice people at Hiscox cases. I recently bought one, but my Warwick was just a bit too small and rattled around in it. I mailed Hiscox support, and within 10 minutes someone called me on my mobile. He took the details and asked me to leave it with him. Two days later, four pads dropped through my door - and they were even the right colour match for the case lining. No charge - not even for the postage.
[/quote]

Would that level of customer service make you more disposed to spend your money with Hiscox in future if you need another case ?

[quote name='Dingus' timestamp='1370523860' post='2102160']
Would that level of customer service make you more disposed to spend your money with Hiscox in future if you need another case ?
[/quote]

Is that a trick question? :blink: :huh: ;)

[quote name='EssentialTension' timestamp='1370540188' post='2102454']
Any sensible company would have been sending more than the two screws in the first place and without being asked.
[/quote]

Very much this.

My Boschma rack case lost a small rubber foot off the bottom. An email to the company enquiring about the availability and cost of a replacement resulted in 4 new ones appearing in the post from Holland to the UK.

Similarly when the tweeter volume knob from the back of one of my EBS cabs went missing I was sent two replacements all the way from Sweden.

Two great companies that know how to look after the owners of their products and who will continue to get my business.

[quote name='Conan' timestamp='1370529557' post='2102266']
Is that a trick question? :blink: :huh: ;)
[/quote]

No ! But by asking it I am just suggesting that a simple bit of "enhanced "customer service can be excellent long - term business -sense for any company , big or small . People are far more likely to favour your brand or company in future if you made an exceptional effort to please them .

[quote name='Dingus' timestamp='1370523860' post='2102160']
[/quote]

Indeed it did, Dingus. All my gigging basses and guitars now leave home in Hiscox cases.

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' timestamp='1370537439' post='2102426']
I only like the look of the 4001 ?? what is there available as a Ric 5'er? Do the still have all the stuff I hate about regular ones?
[/quote]

no idea, I've only ever seen 1 :)

[quote name='Ou7shined' timestamp='1370551957' post='2102723']
Will take a couple of snaps for you tomorrow.
I honestly hated the feel of Rics until this baby came along and BOOM! :wub:
[/quote]

So I assume you'll be putting an MM humbucker in it, then? :lol:

[quote name='Gust0o' timestamp='1370552071' post='2102727']
So I assume you'll be putting an MM humbucker in it, then? :lol:
[/quote]

Hahaha
To be honest it might be nice to have something more useful in that spot than the sappy original... but no. :D
It's all about the neck pup on this beast (and to some extent how the the bridge pup interacts with it) so much so I may well be doing something with a 4001 neck pup in my next personal build... watch this space. ;)

to be honest- I just read that thread in the OP - they both come across as right idiots- I'm not sure I blame Mr Hall that much for all that in there. Like the fella's been gigging with a guitar for several months and loses two bits of it.... even our nice EU warranties wouldn't cover that. Easiest thing would just been to look up the part in the american version of maplin (mouser??) and buy some rather than get into a bitching fight with the company who made it.

[quote name='Beedster' timestamp='1370418817' post='2100445']
He has lost the plot hasn't he. It's not like they're everyone's sup of tea in the first place, now he seems intent on making them an even more niche product by alienating current and potential customers. As one of the respondents said, customer service is everything.
[/quote]

+1