Why become a member? ×

Is it good for Metal?

Our German "friend" Music Outlet Shop. Full of over-priced crap. Does he ever sell any of the instruments he has advertised?

IMO we should put a ban on mentioning any of his eBay listings here. The idiot doesn't deserve even the publicity of ridicule.

[quote name='BigRedX' timestamp='1369565276' post='2090437']
Our German "friend" Music Outlet Shop. Full of over-priced crap. Does he ever sell any of the instruments he has advertised?

IMO we should put a ban on mentioning any of his eBay listings here. The idiot doesn't deserve even the publicity of ridicule.
[/quote]
It makes my own '60s Semi Beat Bass' a bit of a bargain. :D

Edited by BetaFunk

[quote name='alyctes' timestamp='1369529154' post='2090248']
It has a Heavy Rock Bottom! What more could you ask?
... other than a truss to lift it, and a taste bypass. Both available on the NHS, I'm told.
[/quote]

Makes me want to form a Spinal Tap tribute act and buy this specifically to perform 'Big Bottom'. I had a taste bypass, but I went private. Now all I need is a truss.

[quote name='BigRedX' timestamp='1369565276' post='2090437']

[/quote]

13,230 feedback as a seller, mostly parts, but obviously you get a lot of parts per guitar. Some guitars sell, the weirdies, always a shame to part them out.

[quote name='lowregisterhead' timestamp='1369637364' post='2091009']
Makes me want to form a Spinal Tap tribute act and buy this specifically to perform 'Big Bottom'.
[/quote]
This makes me want to be in Spinal Tap. :D

http://youtu.be/RZkyw-r34HA

[quote name='Mr. Foxen' timestamp='1369693437' post='2091766']
13,230 feedback as a seller, mostly parts, but obviously you get a lot of parts per guitar. Some guitars sell, the weirdies, always a shame to part them out.
[/quote]

Just looked through his first few hundred listings... and what a load of manky old tat!

Everything looks as though it's been retrieved from a skip or a fire damage sale. Even the parts have an unhealthy grubbiness about them.

IMO you'd have to be pretty desperate for an item to buy it from him.

For that price tag, I'd buy a nice ESP or LTD bass- some of the finishes on the basses are fantastic, but I've never been able to get one due to being left handed. They don't sound half bad either. I know a bassist who owns a B-155 DX with the blue top and it looks magnificent on stage. [url="http://www.espguitars.co.uk/basses.html"]http://www.espguitars.co.uk/basses.html[/url]

[quote name='BigRedX' timestamp='1369727450' post='2091910']
Just looked through his first few hundred listings... and what a load of manky old tat!

Everything looks as though it's been retrieved from a skip or a fire damage sale. Even the parts have an unhealthy grubbiness about them.

IMO you'd have to be pretty desperate for an item to buy it from him.
[/quote]

Tone grub. Or the funk is in the funk. Sometimes, you need grubby bits to replace bust ones on your grubby instrument, there are threads on how to age hardware. Its a niche. I just got £5 for a battered Sound City amp knob. Spare because I tend to put shiny new ones on restored amps.

[quote name='Thunderbird' timestamp='1369600428' post='2090797']
This blokes stuff is crap this proves it lol

[url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BIG-BUTT-00-4-BASS-/171046364909?pt=Gitarren&hash=item27d32866ed"]http://www.ebay.co.u...=item27d32866ed[/url]
[/quote]

Oh dear... :blink:

A bass made out of a used toilet seat and described as [i]'was brown & worn'[/i] isn't something that really entices... :unsure:

[quote name='Mr. Foxen' timestamp='1369746239' post='2092218']
Tone grub. Or the funk is in the funk. Sometimes, you need grubby bits to replace bust ones on your grubby instrument, there are threads on how to age hardware. Its a niche. I just got £5 for a battered Sound City amp knob. Spare because I tend to put shiny new ones on restored amps.
[/quote]

But there's a difference between aged/worn and the disgustingly filthy stuff that he's selling. I'd be worried about getting some exotic skin disease from handling anything from Music Outlet Shop.