Why become a member? ×

Best value 300w 1x12 cab?

sblueplanet

sorry to add more potentially confusing information

i've got two eden ex112 cabs and i really like them - not the lightest bass cab but nice tight bass, compact size and cheap.

Give me loads of options and I've also used one on top of a barefaced compact.
if you get the chance try one - I think eden supplies to the UK are getting through.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='rOB' timestamp='1369564803' post='2090433']
being as this thread is "best value.." does anyone have any experience of the Fender Rumble 112? They're light and cheap. Any good?
[/quote]

Yes I have two of them as my main gigging rig. Good enough build quality, good looks (if that matters to you), very light and transportable, sturdy corners, switchable tweeter. Tone wise, i'd say they are rather bright and clear. At higher volumes you really need two to get the bottom end we all need and want. I had to do a pub gig with just one, and I feeling a little wimpy on the lower notes. Mind you, no farting or misbehaviour, just a little less oomph you could need. with 2 of them, not a problem (Played dub/reggae with my TC rh450 through them).
I'd change them for a very high end replacement only, and that's when I win the lottery and have exhausted all my other musical needs :)

I would recommend them as perhaps the best cheap 1x12 around. I paid around £210 each from a shop in Edinburgh.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

[quote name='sblueplanet' timestamp='1369584976' post='2090599']
The Eden ex112 was the cab that made me start this thread.
At around £200 it got me thinking how much for a quality small cab these days.
[/quote]

I have one of these I've paired with a GK MB200 as its 4 ohm... Super tiny rig that I can take on the bus. It's small and light but to be honest it sounds a bit honky. The GK Neo 112 I had with it before was bigger and 8 ohm but sounded much smoother.

Well I did go for an Eden rig with the 12" cab.
I've found it has enough bottom end but with a band I need it up off the floor to really hear myself at times if not also going through the P.A.
When I do, everyone comments on the nice tone I'm getting.
I have no such problems when using my Ampeg 210AV but given I have to carry the cab up and down 6 flights of stairs it is acceptable until I can go higher end.

Depends what you mean by value..... Cheap or value or for money?
I like the Aguilar DB112 its expensive, but a great 12 tone and records amazing, it also quite loud but with linerarity. I think for what it is it's excellent value for money. Downside its very heavy! wizzer 12 is also a great cab, good value for money! I havnt tried barefaced cabs the specs speak for themselves for the money great stuff..!

[quote name='Truckstop' timestamp='1369313688' post='2087629']
GK Neo range cabs are awesome.
[/quote]

+1

Light, compact, well designed, well built, great sounding, value for money ... The Neo 112 (300w/ 8ohms) will cost you only £257 (delivered) ... http://www.soundsliveshop.com/p/Gallien-Krueger_Neo_112-II_Bass_Cab/GK-NEO-112-II?CAWELAID=1854418071&catargetid=1821886122&cadevice=c&cagpspn=pla&gclid=COf_o5n-sLwCFUT3wgodv10A9A

Edited by Fionn

I'd say a GS112 picked up for £200 s/h would be a very good buy...IF... you wanted a a bottomey sound.
Too much missing in the middle..even with a horn for my tastes, but I am sure many could use them.

Paired, for £400, which is what I sold mine for, you'd have a very very capable loud rig,

I wouldn't say 40 odd lbs per cab is heavy as the handle is very useful .., others may think they are...

Quite enjoy the Mesa walkabout scout which seems to have been forgotten about. Solid sturdy cab with down firing passive speaker. Sounds big and you can 'feel' the notes pumping out.

If like to a/b with other cabs but this is my second. Do like it for a one cab solution.

• 4 years later...
1 hour ago, jimmy23cricket said:

I'd reccomend Hartke Hydirves all the way. The flexibility of switching between 4 or 8 ohm's means options from running 1 all the way up to 4. 

Plus they sound pretty good. Here's mine!

IMG_0031.jpg

How do you run four HyDrives with one BH800?.

24 minutes ago, jrixn1 said:

How do you run four HyDrives with one BH800?.

Series and parallel. These cabs can be 4 or 8 ohm loads each. Run each cab at 4 ohms, a pair in series then parallel with the other pair in series. 4 ohm load total.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Bigwan said:

Series and parallel. These cabs can be 4 or 8 ohm loads each. Run each cab at 4 ohms, a pair in series then parallel with the other pair in series. 4 ohm load total.

Switchable impedance is brilliant, shame all cabs don't have this.

These HD112 cabs don't seem to be available any longer?