Why become a member? ×

Boss ME-20B

Shonks

Boss ME-20B

i like it
I use mainly the volume pedal, and tuner. The compressor is handy when I use my small combo which hasn't a comp' on board.and very rarely kick in a bit of chorus or octavider effect, which happens to perform brilliantly.

volume pedal is great as you can physically tighten the bolts so there's loads of resistance for those with a heavy foot. tuner still works with the pedal up and the output off - handy.
its good just as a foot mute for changing over basses too.

compact well built and well behaved.

the octave part of it works better than the Boss dedicated pedal and the MXR from personal experience.

[b]-[i] bass players don't really need effects for live work imo so the main thing for me tuner and volume pedal -[/i][/b]

I got on here second hand for £60 and for that kinda dosh you cant go wrong really.

hope my little review was helpful

good luck BCers

Had one, sold it, and then bought another one!

Great little multi-fx that fits in the pocket of your gigbag, high quality effects, volume-wah pedal has a good continous sweep and it's very well made.

I'd add on to your review that the ME-20b is very intuitive to use. The effect parameters are simple to navigate and the ability to save banks of effects comes in very handy!

A good buy for anyone that wants decent effects in a small package. Tempted to buy the ME-20 for guitar too.

Alex

[quote name='Truckstop' timestamp='1368921588' post='2083141']
Had one, sold it, and then bought another one!

Great little multi-fx that fits in the pocket of your gigbag, high quality effects, volume-wah pedal has a good continous sweep and it's very well made.

I'd add on to your review that the ME-20b is very intuitive to use. The effect parameters are simple to navigate and the ability to save banks of effects comes in very handy!

A good buy for anyone that wants decent effects in a small package. Tempted to buy the ME-20 for guitar too.

Alex
[/quote]and wot he said!

i use mine on the guitar (Fender Strat) when recording in conjuction with a Behringer BDI 21 V-tone (just for recording)
and gotta say I get some preeetty good sounds out of it

The Behringer by the way is a great and S/H very cheap bit of gear which I also recommend.
Cost me £14 on ebay which is about average and does a nice amp modeling job and switched off it becomes a cool DI for just about any application B)

Edited by Shonks