Why become a member? ×

Squier Mike Dirnt Artist Series Precision Bass REDUCED TO £115 +P&P
£125

LZD56

After ten years of bass-free abstinence (and a mid-life crisis of turning 57 ;) ) I decided to get back in to playing and bought this as a re-entry point. Of course, once bitten by the bug again, bass number 2 duly arrived a month later! Now I've been down this road before - and ended up with 15 basses in the house lol. So, with some gentle pressure from she who must be obeyed, I'm attempting to stick to one bass only.

The Mike Dirnt is in pretty good nick, lightly used, but comes without the pick guard - I bought it this way. You can get one on the net for about £30 I think, but I quite like the look without it. I've taken a number of photos including an attempt to show the slight marks on the back of the body for good order.

The details about the bass are listed in the black box below. It does have a very punchy sound even when played finger style, so I guess if using a pick is your thing it will cut through even more. Nice, well built bass overall for the money.

[b]£125 + shipping please > REDUCED TO £115 + shipping[/b]

The bass will be shipped in a guitar box and packed securely (bubble-wrapped) inside. Bass is located near Northampton if anyone is interested in taking a look or collecting. Thanks. Rob

[list]
[*]Agathis body with gloss polyurethane finish
[*]Thick C-shape maple neck with 9.5 in radius, rosewood fingerboard and 20 medium jumbo frets
[*]2 Split Single-Coil Precision Bass Pickup
[*]Standard 4-Saddle Bridge
[*]2 volume 1 tone control
[/list]

Edited by LZD56

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi DaveyMac - apologies, only just saw your post here. Had a couple of PM enquiries so wasn't watching my original thread anymore.

Bass still for sale. Various options for post - I think Parcelforce 48 is around £12-£15 with insurance. There are probably cheaper ones but you get what you pay for. Would prefer bank transfer to avoid PayPal fees at this selling price, but will take PayPal if needs must.

Edited by LZD56

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

highwayone - really must check on here more often (thought I was set up for email notifications when anyone posted here). Let me know if still interested, cheers! I'm in Rushden, Northants (post code NN10)

• 3 weeks later...

Bump! Still here... £115 & will ship for free! No PayPal though with free shipping offer.... Bank transfer or cash only please.

P. S.
If you want the pickguard (I never had one) there's a US online store sells them for around £20.

Still unsold?
This is a great bass! Slightly thinner neck than usual for a P bass, very comfortable and light bass, and even the pickups are pretty decent. I found myself using mine for busking as it's inexpensive and I don't worry about scratching it etc, but sounds great and it's light and comfy.

It's one of Squier's best kept secrets, I think, this bass :)

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='LZD56' timestamp='1374352505' post='2148045']
highwayone - really must check on here more often (thought I was set up for email notifications when anyone posted here). Let me know if still interested, cheers! I'm in Rushden, Northants (post code NN10)
[/quote]

pm'd Rob

• 2 weeks later...