Why become a member? ×

WAL fretless, W 2114 by Master Waller for sale

Dr.SUL

I want to sell my [b]WAL Bass[/b]. It´s a fretless (lined).

[list]
[/list]Brazilian Mahagony Core, Schedua Faces (flamed), Indian Ebony with maple inlays.
Aktive electronic with pull/push switches
It is the [b]W 2114 [/b]from [b]May 1983 [/b] of the Ian Waller time, MK1 custom series. 21 lined frets.
WAL Case.
I bought my WAL used 19 years ago. Only 10 times at stage, since 10 years 1h per week.
I live in Germany in - home of the beer city - Munich, so we have to discuss shipping.

[list]
[/list]
I don´t have to sell my lovely WAL, so I intend to give him in reasonable hands.

My price idea: That´s difficult. I hoped somebody will suggest something. We have here a fine homepage from switzerland (bassic.ch) and somebody sold a wal fretless 4 string (at ebay.co.uk!) for EUR 3.000 in less than 24 hours. If this is true I would be stupid to give the WAL for € 2000. Pound/Dollar to EURO is a big problem. 15 years ago I was in San Diego and was interestet in a Sadowsky Bass. Due to exchange reason the sadowsky were twice as expensive they are now. I don´t know the condition of the sold € 3.000 Bass, maybe it was a brilliant one. Prices from talkbass for sale basses are between EUR 2800 - 3.600, wal basses sold in ebay - us can reach up to USD 7.000 (EUR 4.500).

Price: EUR 3.000,--. I don't want a bid battle, than I could give it to ebay. There is a bid in this region. If someone is a bassplayer an want to pay more, feel free to email. I prefer (due to handling) a buyer from the EU.

Dr. Sandro Ulrici

Edited by Dr.SUL

i would have, dont worry :)

price and paypal??

the former will get interest, the latter will make people more secure about buying from you

introductions thread ftw :huh:

[quote name='thisnameistaken' post='210988' date='Jun 2 2008, 10:46 AM']But nobody picks him up on it because he's selling a Wal. :)[/quote]

My first though, but he's selling a Wal, and they are beautiful...and rare! Though I'm not one for picking on new people, everyone has to start somewhere!

I assume it is [url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Wal-Custom-Series-Fretless-Bass-1985_W0QQitemZ150254409243QQihZ005QQcategoryZ4713QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem"]this one on ebay[/url]

Ah, no, looking closer it's not the same bass

Edited by Norris

[quote name='Galilee' post='211047' date='Jun 2 2008, 12:24 PM']I'd be concerned because the post reads like those 'your wife will be exhausted with your new stamina' emails I keep getting from dodgy pharmacists in Africa.

:huh:[/quote]

Phew, I thought that was just me! :)

[quote name='thisnameistaken' post='210988' date='Jun 2 2008, 10:46 AM']Joined: Today

But nobody picks him up on it because he's selling a Wal. :)[/quote]

I really don't understand the problem with people doing this.
He could have just put it up on eBay and not told us.
Caveat Emptor as ever but at least we know about it now.

[quote name='BassManKev' post='210993' date='Jun 2 2008, 10:51 AM']i would have, dont worry :)

price and paypal??

the former will get interest, the latter will make people more secure about buying from you

introductions thread ftw :huh:[/quote]Nice bass Kev. Have you dyed your hair? That's a great colour, blue dawn?

Where on the neck do i find a signature; on the crome plate (neck/body) I´ve "W 2114".

[quote name='BB2000' post='211360' date='Jun 2 2008, 09:48 PM']From memory I think I have a fretted Wall with a serial number just one away from this.

Whose signature is on the neck?[/quote]

[quote name='Dr.SUL' post='211561' date='Jun 3 2008, 08:48 AM']Where on the neck do i find a signature; on the crome plate (neck/body) I´ve "W 2114".[/quote]
It is often on a piece of tape in the control cavity. Well it is on mine. There is a little nte re woods etc

Nice bass. I wish, but.......

[quote name='Dr.SUL' post='211561' date='Jun 3 2008, 08:48 AM']Where on the neck do i find a signature; on the crome plate (neck/body) I´ve "W 2114".[/quote]

Hi Dr SUL.
Can you give some indication of the price you are asking?

Unbolt the neck, there'll be a signature on the neck beside the neck shims.