Why become a member? ×

**SOLD** FENDER USA URGE MK1

7string

[size=3]After a bit of discussion on another part of this forum, I've decided to put by Fender USA Urge Mk1 up for grabs or trades.

I'll add photos as soon as I can!!

OK, a bit about the bass first..

This is the 32" scale, 3 pickup (JPJ) version which Stu Hamm designed with the Fender Custom Shop. The alder body, maple neck and pau ferro 'board make this a bass a fantastic one to play.

The P pickup is "flat-magnets on a custom '62 vintage P bass". The two J's are also custom wound with the bridge position pickup "overwound for ultra-hot sound".

The electronics make this one of the most flexible bass available. A 4-position rotary controls the 4 modes: standby, passive, active and active with a mid-boost. The first of the two concentric pots is a treble cut/boost and a bass cut/boost. In passive mode, the bass cut/boost is a passive tone control. The other concentric controls the volume and the pan-between the two 'J' pickups. A three-position switch gives all pickups, the P and the two J's.

Using these controls, you can have any variation of pickups either active or passive. If you want a traditional J bass, it's there. Want a passive P, it's there. Want an active monster? That's there as well.

All the colours for the Urge were taken from vintage Fenders. This bass is finished in Burgundy Mist and comes with the original USA hard case.

So if this bass is so special, why am I thinking of selling it...:)

I've decided that I'd like to try and get a quality 5 string, maybe something more traditional (a J perhaps ??). If you have anything you think might fit the bill, I'd like to hear what you have.

As I've found, these basses have kept their value extremely well. The Urge II is a different beast to this bass and these are fast becoming collector's items.

The price for a straight sale is £950 o.n.o. including next-day delivery with the UK. If you are from outside the UK, please PM for delivery charges.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact me

Cheers,
Mark (7string)
[/size]

Edited by 7string

Cheers, guys.

No Barry, I don't think I've gone mad !! Just think that I'd prefer a decent 5 string :) Just fancy a change. The wife thinks I'm mad as well, but I thitnk she's getting used to me changing gear to get the best range of stuff that I can.

Hope the family's all OK. As always, you're more than welcome to come over grab a coffee and a chat :huh:

I'll have the photos up tomorrow, today's been a bit hectic. Apologies to those who are waiting.

Edited by 7string

OK, here's the pics !!

Here you can see the one small mark on the front of the bass...

...and the small scratch on the back

This was left by the last owner sticking a pick holder here...

As you can see, the bass is in great nick. Any questions or suggestions for trades (quality 5 strings) just PM me.

Edited by 7string

Hi again, still not interested in buying I'm afraid, but I am curious.

On the picture of the back of the head there appears to be a small circular 'plug' in the wood between the E and A string tuners.

The reason I'm curious is that if it is what it looks like than mine has exactly the same 'feature'. I'd always assumed that it was where mine had been modded at some time (possibly with a D-tuner?) and had then been very well restored. If yours is the same then that assumption seems unlikely and I'm left with no idea what is for. Have you had any thoughts on it?

Clive

I've never noticed it until you said.

Yup, it does look like a small, plugged hole!! The only thing I can think of is that Fender drilled a hole in order to hang the neck from the headstock end so they could spraypaint the front of the headstock.

I've sent an e-mail to Fender so we'll see what they say.

Edited by 7string