Why become a member? ×

molan

Geejay

• 5 months later...

A third very smooth deal with Barrie (2nd at Reading services in fact) - in fact he was selling me the bass (Kramer 650B) on behalf of a friend and got nothing out of it himself, which shows just what a top guy he is
Thanks mate!
Greg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I won a set of strings in the Herts Bass Bash which Barrie had kindly donated - I wanted a lighter gauge - He was good enough to exchange them for me...top fella...many thanks..

..and you know what, his head looks a lot smaller in real life..

Edited by TheGreek

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

As TheGreek says, Barrie was kind enough to collect a bass for me while he was dropping off a bass to Mick. I then collected my bass from Barrie and paid him the balance for the bass he had dropped off at TheGreeks. Saved me a very long drive. This is what The Basschat community should always be about, trust and confidence while making life easier for all concerned. What made this trade even more remarkable is that Barrie had previously been involved with a similar trade but one of the party cancelled at the last minute when part of the trade had already been completed leaving him with an unwanted item. If that had been me I would most likely had never contemplated such a trade ever again. I arrived at Barries two minutes after he had just driven the 2 hours from Micks to be welcomed with a lovely cup of tea (I assure it was, don't listen to his wife).. We had a long and interesting chat about all things bass, I can't think of a better way to spend a Sunday afternoon.. I then spotted I had been there almost 2 hours (I am sorry if I out stayed your welcome) and bid Barrie a fond farewell and set out on my two hour drive home.

It was a pleasure to meet you Barrie and I have no hesitation in recommending you to anyone wishing to trade. May the Funk be with you.

Ron

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Very belated note to say what a pleasure it was to sell my Oly White AM Standard Jazz to Barrie last year. Excellent communication, prompt payment, and he even drove to Birmingham to pick it up in person. My only regret is that I was not at home to meet him in person when he turned up. The missus was in, and says he was very nice!

All the best, sir!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just bought a set of Fender P5 pickups off Barrie. It was a thoroughly enjoyable deal with a very nice chat and exchange of stories via PM.
The pickups were packed up very well and arrived in tip-top condition very promptly which is fantastic.

Many thanks Barrie, been a pleasure :)

Cheers,

Simon.

Edited by miles'tone

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Bought some precision pickups off of Barrie and they arrived promptly and were in excellent / [color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]as new [/font][/color]condition. A smooth transaction, just like you like it to be.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Highly recommended. Thanks again Barrie[/font][/color]

• 1 month later...

So, tricky one this.

I have bought three items from Bass Gear over the last couple of months.
In all three cases, it has been Barrie who has sorted the deal and the gear.
He has been bloody fantastic, sorting out good deals and getting them to me very quickly.

Thanks for everything Barrie, you are a star!
Your efforts to sort me out have been superb, as has been your patience with my windbag ramblings.
All the best fella and no doubt speak soon,
cheers,
Karl,