Why become a member? ×

molan

Geejay

[quote name='jake_tenfloors' post='726434' date='Jan 27 2010, 03:29 PM']lol, pansy :)

Really enjoying the Siggery, think i'm deffinitly going to get a preamp put back into it to give it some more umph, but going to see how it sounds through the EBS microbass i'm getting next week first!!

Jake[/quote]

I am riding my BMW through the rain & cold though, lol - it reached -2.5 on the way home lst night.

I bought a Siggery 4 direct from Marty Siggery. It's also passive but has single coils instead of the humbuckers in the 5.

• 1 month later...

Hi Barrie,

Thanks for your Feedback. :)

It was also a pleasure to make this deal with you.
Apparently, i think I'm not the only one to be happy to a deal with you.

Barrie is serious and a very sympathetic guy ! :rolleyes:

Everything was fine, the only defect is that Barrie's not French, but nobody's perfect ! :lol:

Thanks again.

So. :lol:

Edited by Fianso

Just had Barrie's black Lakland DJ4 through the post. Everything as described, and packed with the kind of mastery which can only come with experience.

Great communications throughout the deal; plenty of patter and a real pleasure to deal with.

Would happily deal with Barrie again, and genuinely hope I have the pleasure in meeting at some stage. Top guy.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Had the pleasure of doing business with Barrie very recently .

A perfect transaction all round ( many thanks )

Packed perfectly and delivered safe and sound in under a day !

Have no fear Barries here !!

Buy with confidence

Gary
v8

• 2 months later...

Just did a trade involving my Nash '63 Jazz and Mesa Walkabout combo as part-ex for Barrie's lovely Willie Weeks model Alleva Coppolo. Everyone who knows Barrie on BC says he is a total gent to deal with and they were absolutely spot on. Hope you have as much fun with your new toys Barrie as I will!

• 3 weeks later...

I bought a TC Electronic RS210 cab off Barrie yesterday. Every step of the way he has been nothing but understanding and relentlessly helpful to my situation, and he's got excellent taste in books and music to boot! One of the most pleasant and wholly unselfish people I've ever had the pleasure dealing with, I say with every sincerity that I couldn't recommend him any more. Top bloke! And what a collection of basses :-o Feels awful coming home to my fender/status mongrel and hohner steinberger copy :-(

• 2 weeks later...

My second transaction with Barrie - just as smooth as the first. Great to see you again yesterday, Barrie. Some fabulous instruments you have there. Always a pleasure - all the comments above are absolutely spot on. I'm now a two Mesa Boogie household!

:)

• 2 weeks later...

Belated vote of confidence for Barrie. I bought his TC RS212 cablast month, he was kind enough to meet me half way for a good old natter at South Mimms and was a pleasure to deal with.
I've already sold the cab mind you...Basschatters eh? what a bunch :)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

[quote name='Chunks' post='1084123' date='Jan 10 2011, 12:35 PM']Bought an Eden WTX360 from Barrie he even approached me with the offer from another thread.
very helpful and put up with my uming and ahing

cheers[/quote]

Thanks Fred - it was a pleasure :)

Just to explain (in case ayone thinks I tried to hijack someone else's thread) - I'd seen an identical amp up for sale to the one I had so I waited for it to be sold before listing mine as I didn't want to 'flood' the market with two amps at the same time.

When the other one sold I spotted that Chunks had been looking for one via the other thread so I offered him mine at the same price the other one sold at :)

Barrie responded to my Wanted ad for an Aguilar GS 112, and turns out he's local. Perfect. He did me a honest deal on really smart pair of GS 112/112NTs, [i]and[/i] he even loaded them into the car for me. What a gent!

Thanks Barrie - we should gather up some other local basschatters at the pub some time!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just bought an Alembic from Barrie, every stage of the transaction was perfect, from keeping the bass on hold, arranging couriers, and shipping the bass perfectly (not even a mark on the outer box)
Barrie is a great guy who cares about his basses and is totally trustworthy, I would not hesitate to do business with him again.
Many thanks
Stuart

• 1 month later...

Just sold Celinder J to Barrie - nice smooth deal. As a foreigner I have to tell Barrie was very understanding and willing to make every single step of a deal as smooth as possible for which my thanks are going Barrie's way.

Barrie is a great guy to deal with, I can only reccomend!

It was my pleasure doing bussines with him, many thanks!
Ondrej

[quote name='Klusee' post='1203992' date='Apr 18 2011, 07:30 PM']Just sold Celinder J to Barrie - nice smooth deal. As a foreigner I have to tell Barrie was very understanding and willing to make every single step of a deal as smooth as possible for which my thanks are going Barrie's way.

Barrie is a great guy to deal with, I can only reccomend!

It was my pleasure doing bussines with him, many thanks!
Ondrej[/quote]

And I even managed to pay Ondrej in Czeck Koruna - a first for me, lol.

Only incurred £7 money transfer fees as well!

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Traded an amazing Sadowsky M5 for an equally amazing (though in all aspects pretty much an opposite kind of bass) P-63. Excellent communications throughout and overall a top class experience. Only on BC!! :)
Thanks a million Barrie!